Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 06:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
I'm a guy and I think most ladies will agree with me here--------
Most dudes that have gigantic or lifted pick-ups are insecure with themselves and striving to be more macho. Usually trying to compensate for a lack of something in the southern region. That's why they act like jerks when they're out driving!!!!!!!!
I'd certainly agree. Hate, hate, hate these stupid monsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
My car has brought some girls around and it's a good conversation starter, but that's about the extent of it. I've only had one girl not like it, and that's because the car is loud enough to wake the dead.
Excuse my ignorance, but I've always wondered what's with these disgustingly loud cars on the streets... Seriously, why are they so loud? Many of them don't appear to be pieces of crap... Evidently you consider it cool, but I'm with that one girl, the exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 07:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Seriously, why are they so loud?
It's a performance thing. Gives the car more power and it sounds better.

Quote:
Many of them don't appear to be pieces of crap...
POS cars are usually loud because the exhaust systems rust off. Ours are loud because we modify the exhaust system.

Quote:
Evidently you consider it cool, but I'm with that one girl, the exception.
Here is a video of a car that sounds exactly like mine. Same year, engine and exhaust setup.

YouTube - Modded SN95 94 Mustang GT - Donuts

I love that deep rumble, and I get compliments on the exhaust all the time. It's not like those idiots that slap coffee can mufflers on their little Civics and Eclipses to make them sound like pissed off bumble bees.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It's a performance thing. Gives the car more power and it sounds better.

POS cars are usually loud because the exhaust systems rust off. Ours are loud because we modify the exhaust system.
OK, I got it - you turn a perfectly good car into a POS deliberately! Thanks.

Must be another one of those p***s extension things... Only that I highly doubt the majority of women would like something like that, but I may be old and/or old-fashioned.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:35 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
OK, I got it - you turn a perfectly good car into a POS deliberately! Thanks.

Must be another one of those p***s extension things... Only that I highly doubt the majority of women would like something like that, but I may be old and/or old-fashioned.
How about this... A buddy of mine just purchased a brand new $80k Benz and he did the exhaust (among other things). You can actually feel the vibration in your chest when it sits there idling. His is definitely overboard.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,898,432 times
What about those guys who replace their car horns with train horns?

Someone who drives by our place has a Toyota Tacoma truck...with a train horn. It sounds exactly like a train in the distance! It's hilarious, because you have to stop and think...how could a train be out on the street...?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
How about this... A buddy of mine just purchased a brand new $80k Benz and he did the exhaust (among other things). You can actually feel the vibration in your chest when it sits there idling. His is definitely overboard.
That's insane! Why do they even waste their money?! Just buy a POS! Really, who in his right mind would want to be uncomfortable and spend 80K to achieve THAT?!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well, around here we see a lot of people with flashy rides. I have two schools of thought - depending on who it is. Small, flashy sportscar - he's either very wealthy or has a very small 'you-know-what' ... or both. We call them "Big Machers".
What kind of sports car is it?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
That's insane! Why do they even waste their money?! Just buy a POS! Really, who in his right mind would want to be uncomfortable and spend 80K to achieve THAT?!
Oh I know why he bought that car...and it has nothing to do with the car itself.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Oh I know why he bought that car...and it has nothing to do with the car itself.
Well, if they think that's a chick magnet, more power to them!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
I'm so glad I'm one of those guys who doesn't care what people think of me based on what car I drive. It makes it a lot easier to buy a car if the only person I worry about impressing is me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships