Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948
it tells nothing about me, it tells a great deal about my mechanic who sold it to me after having his midlife crisis.

Men who buy used cars tend not to get their fantasy vehicle. They look for a good deal and often get something "out of character". The main thing it shows, in such cases, is that they are smart with their money. Infering much about their character is a crap shoot but one thing is clear: shopaholics should steer clear of them.
well said you got rep. you are on to me. dont tell however, being dull and uninteresting is what keeps many a lil catapillar from being eaten.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Oh it's upgraded. It won't have any trouble handling a car that does high 13's. Oh, and I'll take the driver advantage too

And here I actually thought I'd have to wait for the Cobra before taking you on.

Only if I'm using you as my decoy.

No thanks on the Lotus. I wouldn't mind a Vette, but I got my heart set on the Cobra.

There you arrrreeee! Blah blah blah. . . better wait until you get that Cobra and add a chip, a few adjustments and a decent blower. On top of mine being the 335, it has VISHNU, lol. . documented to have killed your car on the tracks - have fun with your V8! *swoosh!-beep- swoosh*

PS. I don't like Vette's. So I think you should definitely get the Cobra. Just for me. Cause it's what I like of the two. Har, har!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
There you arrrreeee! Blah blah blah. . . better wait until you get that Cobra and add a chip, a few adjustments and a decent blower.
Psssssst, I'll let you in on a little secret. The Cobra has an Eaton blower from the factory. It's also faster, from the factory than your upgraded 335 .

Quote:
On top of mine being the 335, it has VISHNU, lol. . documented to have killed your car on the tracks - have fun with your V8! *swoosh!-beep- swoosh*
Oh no! Now it runs low 13's. What ever will I do.

Quote:
PS. I don't like Vette's. So I think you should definitely get the Cobra. Just for me. Cause it's what I like of the two. Har, har!
The C5 and C6's are badass cars, but I hated the exhaust notes. I've seen the insane power people get out of those Cobras and dammit I want that.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,903 times
Hey...just please don't forget to pick me up at the airport because I'd hate to show both of you up as I cruise by in a yellow taxi! beep beep

Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Psssssst, I'll let you in on a little secret. The Cobra has an Eaton blower from the factory. It's also faster, from the factory than your upgraded 335 .

Oh no! Now it runs low 13's. What ever will I do.

The C5 and C6's are badass cars, but I hated the exhaust notes. I've seen the insane power people get out of those Cobras and dammit I want that.

Ummm, I don't believe you, guess you will just have to log off that computer one day to prove it huh!

Huh! Huh! Huh!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Hey...just please don't forget to pick me up at the airport because I'd hate to show both of you up as I cruise by in a yellow taxi! beep beep
LOL . . I can actually see that happening as Bosco and I stand bickering at the curb trying to one-up each other.

Funnnnny!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoowahman View Post
I have never had to make a car payment, I am 28 and currently drive a '92 Honda Accord LX with 205k miles on it and only paid 3100 for it 5 years ago when it had 150k on it. What does this make me? I have been a little concern for first impressions with it on first dates but then I think if they really think that matters then I don't want to be around them anyway. Still would this drive a lady away? I'm a web developer with a good salary. I just don't see any point in putting in 1000s of dollars in something that gets me from point A to point B.

If any female can't see past what you drive and want to know and respect you for you she's not worth any of your time.

If your car treats you right and you're content with it, the heck with anyone else who may not like it.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:58 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
The car a guy has tells me absolutely nothing about him. Maybe I'm weird, but I could care less about a guy's car, it's his character that counts.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Compensation for a dinky winky

Old 07-27-2009, 06:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Ummm, I don't believe you, guess you will just have to log off that computer one day to prove it huh!

Huh! Huh! Huh!
Sounds like a wager to me. I'm pretty familiar with Bradenton Motorsports Park. Next time I'm gonna be there I'll be sure to give you a heads up.

Quote:
LOL . . I can actually see that happening as Bosco and I stand bickering at the curb trying to one-up each other.

Funnnnny!
Yeah, just look for the crowd that has gathered around us. We'll be easy to spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships