Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM

468 posts, read 1,220,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So ... whatcha gonna do about it if I am?????

Nothing, just clarifying, because it's not clear. You are saying marriage is a dumb idea, and that smart people shouldn't do it?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
Nothing, just clarifying, because it's not clear. You are saying marriage is a dumb idea, and that smart people shouldn't do it?
Interpret it however you choose.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Interpret it however you choose.
Then i'll interpret it that you lack conviction regarding your opinions?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
Then i'll interpret it that you lack conviction regarding your opinions?
As you wish. I'm glad you presume to know me so well.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:34 AM

16 posts, read 42,697 times
there is moe to a relationship than looks. they could be nuts, or just have terrible personalities, low intelligence etc

Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
there is moe to a relationship than looks. they could be nuts, or just have terrible personalities, low intelligence etc
or herpes. oops.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Maybe it's because a lot of these gorgeous women attract just based on looks...the guy might think how lucky to himself for the first few weeks or months, but due to the girl's lack of personality (maybe even self-imposed by being too into her looks/herself), he loses interest and the cycle starts again.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:18 AM

115 posts, read 283,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
I am not a guy but I have a gorgeous niece who is 34 and has never been married and I can pretty much tell you why. First, she dated and then lived with a guy for over 10 years who had no intentions of marrying her but she continued to hang tough with him. She finally had enough and broke up with him then went wild on dating websites which I kept telling her was not a great way to meet someone who was serious. She finally met a great guy but he dumped her after 4 or 5 months..why? Well, first of all, although she is sweet, she is full of herself. Very into making sure everyone knows how pretty she is.

Next, she spends money like a drunken sailor, has an addiction to shopping, doesn't pay her bills and it is all about looking good not surviving in this bad economy. She also is way too picky about how a guy looks never mind what a great guy he could be...shallow I guess.

No amount of talking to her or trying to steer her in the right direction has worked...she is out partying, drinking and raising hell all the time and is slowly starting to show her age from the fast lifestyle. I wish I could save her but like most overconfident, beautiful women who are full of themselves, you can't tell her anything either. Very sad.

So to answer your question, SOME beautiful women are too full of themselves to be able to share a life with anyone else and the being full of themselves is a complete turn off for any decent guy out there looking for a permanent relationship.

Now...don't all you beautiful gals out there give me hell cuz I know you are not all like this, was just stating one case in particular.
LOL! my point exactly.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
Quote:
or the "crazy eyes"

Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
I think some beautiful women are too particular and want the perfect or dream relationship, when that doesn't unfold (and it never will) that way the relationship ends and she eventually re-begins her quest. Life is full of ups, downs and Imperfections. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships