Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:58 AM

943 posts, read 3,162,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
WT, as I've said before, you seem to know and be related to the most remarkable people. Among your relatives, you have 1) a 50-year-old virgin, 2) a "distant relative" who works with you, and about whom you gossip at the office (you also post about your difficult relationships with those coworkers), 3) twin 11-year-old boys whose mother wants to abandon but no one in your family cares enough to help, and 4) this lady.

Added to the fact that you post this kind of stuff almost every day and rarely revist your own threads, I'd say you either make this stuff up or have the position of being related to and working with a truly unusual bunch of people.
Number 3 is the same person as number four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,123,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Nailed it!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:04 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,758,328 times
Quote:
. Bad marriages can kill a woman! Can you relate?
Most of us have had at least one painfully bad relationship experience in our lives. For some, their personality is weak enough that they let it affect them negatively for a long time, perhaps forever.

The rest of us get back up, brush ourselves off, and forget about it. Maybe she'll snap out of it, maybe she won't. Only time will tell.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:10 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,436,997 times
Quote:
Jane use to be so attractive. She was fun, conversational, engaging and sexy. Lots of men wanted her and few were successful. She was nice to everyone but only dated the best guys. She wanted the good life that a man with money and success could offer. She had a way of attracting the most handsome and successful men.

But now two painful divorces later the bloom has come off the rose. I could not believe it when I saw her last. It had been almost a year since her last divorce and she had changed big time. Gone were the flowing long locks replaced with a manish butch haircut. Gone also was the shapely figure, it was replaced with a boxy build and a mid section that looked like she was pregnant. She had gained almost 60 pounds. But it was her personality that had changed the most. Gone was the fun, flirty sexy girl I knew. It had been replaced by an angry manish figure that never smiled.

We asked her what was happening and her response was she had given up men and sex. And just gave up on all that beauty stuff. Is it permanent, who knows, is it sad, sure is. Bad marriages can kill a woman! Can you relate?
No its not "the bad marriages killing the woman" its her own doing.
Most people have bad relationship experiences. She is a quitter.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times
Quote:
Interesting. If you don't actually care enough to get involved and help her, is this just an opportunity to gossip, then?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,685,170 times
It's amazing how many people seem to be looking for someone to beat up. I personally don't care what people wear or how they style their hair, that said, I see the malevolent spirit rising to the fore when the conversation turns to Women and their refusal to "play the game". Maybe this person wishes to correct something in her life that had led her to the misery she experienced in her marriage. Being defined by your looks is certainly not something we would wish for ourselves, many beautiful Women have beed deluded into thinking that their beauty was or is an exchange medium, didn't you say she only dated the "best" men? The best men were defined as being "handsome and successful", is that your idea of a caring, loving, helpful person, she obviously saw her mistake in her choices of men, maybe it's time for her friends to see the fallacy in her thinking at that point in her life. "She wanted the good life", maybe she really didn't understand what made for a good life, we can't determine whether she really wanted that materialistic life or that like most Women she was sold a bill of goods that promised happiness as being things you buy. At any of our many twists and turns in life, we can change, and our friends will need to determine for themselves whether we succeeded or failed to be true to our convictions, in time this Women might be able to mitigate the worst of her past with a more realistic outlook on life, be a friend and help her through what appears to be a major change in her life.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,457,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
WT, as I've said before, you seem to know and be related to the most remarkable people. Among your relatives, you have 1) a 50-year-old virgin, 2) a "distant relative" who works with you, and about whom you gossip at the office (you also post about your difficult relationships with those coworkers), 3) twin 11-year-old boys whose mother wants to abandon but no one in your family cares enough to help, and 4) this lady.

Added to the fact that you post this kind of stuff almost every day and rarely revist your own threads, I'd say you either make this stuff up or have the position of being related to and working with a truly unusual bunch of people.
You noticed that too I see. It's probably the same person that was dingler, goodtype, politically correct etc.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,771,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Or a high school gym teacher.
LMAO!
Sounds like she may have made some "Lifestyle" changes.
Im somewhat kidding but i have seen people do that,very close to..
What the OP is talking about.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,936,808 times
Quote:
"The boys are twins and are 11 years old. Her parents and father are dead and no one else in the family wants to take the kids. The unhappy mother knows that the twins would be wounded mentally for life if she disappeared and gave them away, but she knows she is a unfit mother too"-Weekend Traveler

Im lost, I thought the twins father was dead, not divorced? Oh I know, they have a different father than both of the divorcees, right?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Or a high school gym teacher.
She's becoming a roadie for The Indigo Girls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships