Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
While you obviously have a point treating people as individuals..

However, you may be the poster-child for NOT watching anymore spoon-fed media. As the characters portrayed are standing in some corner, lustily looking and staring for minutes on end. When I've seen that kind of reaction in less than a second to others. It usually comes from their own, or in many other cases them believing how the friends with her see him. It's used more as a means to judge on outward appearances with no guilt, same as the 1-10 scale groups of guys go by, just generally speaking we [as a sex] (men) don't need to rationalize being a-holes.

The topic has been beaten a bit, but the reasoning you give is from a CSI episode, not usual real life from what I've seen.
Hey, I was just reacting to Shizzles post and the way HE worded it. HE was the one that said "some hot young 20 something gets jittery around" him. Had he said that just some women get jittery around him, then I wouldn't have called him out on his post. However, he was the one that interjected that they were "hot young 20 something" women... which translates to me as him looking at them in a lustful way. In particular, "hot" was the keyword here, then him adding in "young" and "20 something" sealed it for me.

Sure, I get that men like to look at attractive women, but not all men are openly leering or drooling at them in a disgusting manner. There is much to be said for being able to keep a poker face and disguising ones inner thoughts and desires.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
I don't understand the whole concept of "creepy," because all of the guys I've known to have been called "creeps," "creepy" or "creepers" behind their back were normal, kind and honest guys who just weren't the smoothest or most talkative in a social situation.

Once, one of my friends was waiting outside of work for me, just occasionally looking in. One of my female coworkers said "There's this creepy guy standing out there and just looking in. What's the hell is wrong with him?" I told her that was my best friend and that he was waiting for me, and she said "Oh... sorry."

Another situation, I was at a party, and a two girls were talking to eachother while this guy was just standing quietly by one of their sides. When he left after a few seconds, 1 girl said "Wow, thank God he left. That guy was a total creeper." The other girl said "That's my boyfriend," and the other girl turned white.

So what gives ladies? Do you automatically assume that every guy who isn't much of a looker or a talker is going to stalk, rape and murder you?
Women have dirty minds. They think every guy wants them. And if you don't want them, there's something wrong with you as well. Those are the biggest misconceptions that women have toward men. Nothing really that men can do but let women fantasize about being wanted and playing cinderella at their own wedding. I want to be Superman and fly around the world but doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:24 PM

106 posts, read 267,672 times
Default Similar to "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Same for Creepiness. What seems creepy to one person appears to be something else to another. The word Creepy is nothing more than a cover word for " He makes me uncomfortable" Here are my examples.....

Guy sitting across the business park in the parking lot for an hour with no short and just shorts. No Moving at all just sitting and staring off. - I said creepy. Boss said dude was just chilling. Closing time came....all the guys are off I'm left to lock up the office no big deal. 2 min after boss leave I hear the door open and the guy that was supposedly "just chillin was standing there asking if I had water to give him and he is 30 mins from his house and he's been running. ---SCARY AS HELL. Fortunatly Boss saw dud running to our suite in his rearview mirror reversed and got dude the hell out. and waited till I got in my car and pulled off to leave.... My creepy analysis was correct. There were tons of other businesses he could of went to. And way sit and wait till everyone is gone if his is that thirsty?

Bucked tooth delivery guy always winks when he sees me. fine. But the way he lingers around is creepy. - His smile is like a Villians off a cartoon movie right before they do their evil deed. ---creepy. So one day it was a busy day most guys had to go to the field. I had to hold the office down a short while on my own. Told my Co- worker to be back in time to recieve them shipment. He ask y. I told him the delivery guy creeps me out. He laughed and said oh he's just ugly. But harmless, Whatever....The guy was fired and I thank God we have cameras that showed what creepy guys try to do.

I think it more common for men to Force themselves where they are not wanted. Than it is that women do that to men. So we probably have a Creepy meter that guys don't. Yes, I would agree that some may have thier meter tooo sensitive. But hey discomfort just happens its not the way I think we want to be.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:35 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangedEssence View Post

Guy sitting across the business park in the parking lot for an hour with no short and just shorts. No Moving at all just sitting and staring off. - I said creepy. Boss said dude was just chilling.
He was probably spanking it. That's not so much creepy, but the creepy part is that you may have been his material

For the OP's question, why do women call guys creepy...because alot of guys are creepy whether they have good intentions or not. Many guys aren't very intuitive or tactful on how to interact with women. Doesn't make them dangerous.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:48 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangedEssence View Post
Same for Creepiness. What seems creepy to one person appears to be something else to another. The word Creepy is nothing more than a cover word for " He makes me uncomfortable" Here are my examples.....

Guy sitting across the business park in the parking lot for an hour with no short and just shorts. No Moving at all just sitting and staring off. - I said creepy. Boss said dude was just chilling. Closing time came....all the guys are off I'm left to lock up the office no big deal. 2 min after boss leave I hear the door open and the guy that was supposedly "just chillin was standing there asking if I had water to give him and he is 30 mins from his house and he's been running. ---SCARY AS HELL. Fortunatly Boss saw dud running to our suite in his rearview mirror reversed and got dude the hell out. and waited till I got in my car and pulled off to leave.... My creepy analysis was correct. There were tons of other businesses he could of went to. And way sit and wait till everyone is gone if his is that thirsty?

Bucked tooth delivery guy always winks when he sees me. fine. But the way he lingers around is creepy. - His smile is like a Villians off a cartoon movie right before they do their evil deed. ---creepy. So one day it was a busy day most guys had to go to the field. I had to hold the office down a short while on my own. Told my Co- worker to be back in time to recieve them shipment. He ask y. I told him the delivery guy creeps me out. He laughed and said oh he's just ugly. But harmless, Whatever....The guy was fired and I thank God we have cameras that showed what creepy guys try to do.

I think it more common for men to Force themselves where they are not wanted. Than it is that women do that to men. So we probably have a Creepy meter that guys don't. Yes, I would agree that some may have thier meter tooo sensitive. But hey discomfort just happens its not the way I think we want to be.
True, usually out an about it's spot on, but I think guy's usually recognize it when pointed out as well. We don't actually have that in-grained fear, so we don't actively sort them out of a crowd unless they've just made it out of prison from a state with vast forest range saying "you sure got a purdy mouth".

I'm normally pointing out more typically singles venues as the example here. It's not a case of setting the meter to touchy, more a case of boosting status and ego within a group with a veil of something else, much like an illusionist trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu
However, he was the one that interjected that they were "hot young 20 something" women.
I will admit I did not scan through the original which you replied to, so I'll apologize out of hand now should he reply and verify that insinuation, but that it still insinuates giving an oopa-loompa "vibe" simply from denoting attractiveness to him if otherwise. Can't recall the last time I said, "Hot damn, she's fugly! I think I'll strike up a conversation with her to see if she's interested in going out." Even if he was conveying that in a rather questionable vein in his response.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
There's a huge double standard here. Women can be as creepy as some men but they just are not and will never be held to the same standard. When I was senior in college--not too long ago--for instance, there was this one psycho looking woman that sat a few rows adjacently from me and would sit and watch me, wag her tongue, and lick her lips. She would suck her thumbs or whatever to get my attention to the point where the professor had to stop the lecture. Talk about CREEPY. Not to mention the times that females would somehow get my phone number and anonymously tell me how much they wanted to f-ck me or whatever. dodoo doddodooo dodododdo oo doooooooooo.

So it goes both ways. Not all men want all women and not all women want all men. That's just reality.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
There's a huge double standard here. Women can be as creepy as some men but they just are not and will never be held to the same standard.
True, it's no different than the disparity of punishment when a female has sex with a child versus the male. I guess the legal system considers males pigs even when they are not of legal age.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
He was probably spanking it. That's not so much creepy, but the creepy part is that you may have been his material

For the OP's question, why do women call guys creepy...because alot of guys are creepy whether they have good intentions or not. Many guys aren't very intuitive or tactful on how to interact with women. Doesn't make them dangerous.
Ah, but a very handsome man that has those same characteristics isn't creepy. He's "cute".

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Ah, but a very handsome man that has those same characteristics isn't creepy. He's "cute".
That is also true.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:28 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
There's a huge double standard here. Women can be as creepy as some men but they just are not and will never be held to the same standard. When I was senior in college--not too long ago--for instance, there was this one psycho looking woman that sat a few rows adjacently from me and would sit and watch me, wag her tongue, and lick her lips. She would suck her thumbs or whatever to get my attention to the point where the professor had to stop the lecture. Talk about CREEPY. Not to mention the times that females would somehow get my phone number and anonymously tell me how much they wanted to f-ck me or whatever. dodoo doddodooo dodododdo oo doooooooooo.
The double standard is valid. Men (like that guy in the business park) can be creepy because they are dangerous. But women (like the one you describe) are just gross. they aren't dangerous. Why? Because these women aren't scary. They aren't likely to rape us. And if they do try to jump us we are probably going to be able to fight them off. Even if they are stronger and a kick boxer we don't know that. We men have a sense of security about ourselves. We might be afraid to go into a dark alley in the hood, but we aren't likely to be afraid of women. Women just don't threaten men all that much. But men can cross the line of threatening to women very very quickly.

So yeah guys can be creepy, but it should be because of behavior, not because of looks.

Whoops. I just realized I replied to an old thread. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships