Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
It comes from the same trait that prompts certain men to say that any woman who rejects them must be stuck-up, psycho, or a beyotch: Immaturity.

Why not just say hello instead of thinking the person is a creep. A simple hello could make someones day.
Now if its some man hanging around a playground or school that would be creepy.
People judge other people by their looks and thats not fair

Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,096,353 times
Creepy usually means-"unattractive and anti-social"

Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,284,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Also, I would be very interested to see your reaction in a life and death situation, especially if your husband or father is around.
My father is dead and I'm not married. Any other inane presumptions you'd care to make?

P.S. "Feminine" does not equal "cowardly," so your entire premise is nonsense. Thank you, drive through!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,307,955 times
no one reads the posts of level headed women who have real things to say. Except Avienne's post in this thread, but they're still ignoring the important parts. NO NOT just ugly men. Men who:

-act very nervously and strangly because all they're thinkiking about is how close to the womans chest the are.
-firing personal question after personal question to someone you just met rather than gradually getting to know the girl
-staring insessantly

PLEASE someone tell me these things are 100% normal and I'm just crazy, then I can write you off for being an idiot rather than just wondering why everyone is ignoring concrete examples of creepiness and that it is a real thing! And did I list ugly anywhere in there??? Dont think so.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,135,266 times
Thank you, Thatsong.

Quote:
That's one perspective.

Another is that there is a decent number of women who have been listening to the patriarchy for so long that they believe they can't fend for themselves. Well, if I can learn how to handle creeps and defend myself, any able-bodied woman can. Personally, there is no way I will ever rely on, never mind hope for, someone else to come and save my arse, least of all a man.

Good thing you won't be getting old, then. Or wind up with some illness or, good grief, have an accident and wind up needing someone else to save your butt - we'll make sure the men just ignore your plight. I'll keep 'em busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Why not just say hello instead of thinking the person is a creep. A simple hello could make someones day.
Now if its some man hanging around a playground or school that would be creepy.
People judge other people by their looks and thats not fair
I think this is the first time I've agreed with you. It's about time! Yup, it isn't fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Creepy usually means-"unattractive and anti-social"
Ah yes, on PlanetTV, all unattractive people are considered creepy. I mean, they couldn't be nice people or likeable even. It's all in the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
no one reads the posts of level headed women who have real things to say. NO NOT just ugly men. Men who:

-act very nervously and strangly because all they're thinkiking about is how close to the womans chest the are.
-firing personal question after personal question to someone you just met rather than gradually getting to know the girl
-staring insessantly

PLEASE someone tell me these things are 100% normal and I'm just crazy, then I can write you off for being an idiot rather than just wondering why everyone is ignoring concrete examples of creepiness and that it is a real thing! And did I list ugly anywhere in there??? Dont think so.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,033 times
Quote:
You don't mean to sound misogynistic, but you do.
I'll be fair and state that most of the female posters here don't mean to sound like misandrists but they do. Much of it has been the conditioning they've been getting over the past 40 years of feminism.

Quote:
It's a creep throwing a situation at me because has no other way to relate to me but to harass, stalk, stare, prowl behind, take by surprise, attack, or harm me.
Perhaps I didn't realize that it was so bad and the situation was so prevalent.

I guess its just the bad luck of about 70% of men that they look like these types.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,247,235 times
The only difference between confidence and creepiness, is whether she finds him physically attractive or not...

A woman considers it creepy if a guy she doesn't find attractive approaches her.

She loves when a guy she finds attractive approaches her.

A guy who doesn't have the courage to approach her is not creepy, but rather unconfident to her.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:55 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,307,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
about 70% of men that they look like these types.
Please point me to the posts that name looks as a basis for creepiness.

do 70% of men do these things?

-staring insessantly

not in my experience.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:04 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,549,540 times
I think it's fair to say that 70% of all men have been called "creepy" by more than one girl. They don't "do" anything but follow the recipe women have laid out... say hello, show interest, be confident and persistent. If the wrong guy does these things he's creepy. But if the "right guy" does them, he's dreamy.

Just as it is with guys, it's not enough to do the right things to win a girl's affection. You have to START OUT with attraction, THEN do the right things. The who is just as important as the what, if not moreso.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,691,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
I think it's fair to say that 70% of all men have been called "creepy" by more than one girl. They don't "do" anything but follow the recipe women have laid out... say hello, show interest, be confident and persistent. If the wrong guy does these things he's creepy. But if the "right guy" does them, he's dreamy.
Be the "right guy", then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships