Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:25 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,850,792 times

Advertisements

YouTube - TLC - Unpretty

All women should watch this video. Don't ever take that crap from anybody.

This verse so fits you:

Never insecure until I met you
Now I'm bein' stupid
I used to be so cute to me
Just a little bit skinny
Why do I look to all these things
To keep you happy
Maybe get rid of you
And then I'll get back to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,706,819 times
You should not feel bad about yourself. What you should feel is the need to get another boyfriend. You deserve better than a man who makes you feel bad about yourself because of your breast size.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 AM

819 posts, read 1,595,346 times
He is a man that surely needs kicking to the curb! You deserve much, much better. I have little bitty ones too and my husband luvs them. At least they won't be down to your knees as you age. Thing is, if you did have big ones and as you got older and they sagged, then he would be complaining about that. There's a lot of people who will (and do) love you just like you are.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,206,958 times
WAIT A MINUTE.............you mean some guy that is in no way married to you is talking about you in a way that hurts your feeligs?

Tell him to go to hell. You don't need anyone that cannot except you as is.

Life is to short to be with 'perfect' people like your boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyUK View Post
im 20, a petite girl, weighing in at just 112lbs and 5ft4. this is my natural size.

the thing is, i have small breasts. im not completely flat, im 34A so i do have something there even if it isn't alot. honestly, this never bothered me before, infact i never even thought about it until my boyfriend started mentioning it.

recently my boyfriend makes an effort to bring it up. he suggested i pad my bra, he said contraception pills would make them larger, he jokes about how i "could have implant surgery" etc when we're out he will randomly comment how whatever top or dress im wearing makes it look like i have "more up there" and when he sees a girl with a large chest he will mention it to me. And it's completely random, we're out in a club or something and he will just mention it out of nowhere and depress me for the night.

I'm feeling quite paranoid and self conscious about myself ever since to be honest. I dont like getting undressed around him because im self concious about my chest. I'm starting to look in the mirror alot and notice my size etc. I just feel like i'm not good enough for him now because it seems such a big deal to him.

When he says those things i feel like it's an indirect way of telling me that he hates my chest size and that hurts. He is self conscious about height and muscle but i dont say anything to hurt him, why would he keep doing this to me? i can't help what i was born with.

Last edited by Ron.; 05-29-2009 at 07:18 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM

7 posts, read 19,126 times
Wow thank you everyone, I didn't really consider the thought that he could be just placing his insecurities onto me. Though when i think about it, it does make alot of sense. I do get alot of attention from men sometimes when we are out together, ofcourse I shrug that off because i have a boyfriend but he does get hurt by it and ive noticed that the times he comments about my breast size the most has usually been after a guy has checked me out or approached me. I just never really saw it before.

I get upset by it because it's frustrasting that he's telling me about this part of my body that i can't change, i was born this way.

I feel very down at the moment, i feel like he won't find me attractive sexually and that he will see larger breasted women and want them more than me. I'm just feeling very insecure about myself right now, which maybe is what he was aiming for Your advice and comments have been a big help and relief to me however, I feel like maybe i'm starting to see things clearer.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,132,230 times
What I didn't read is what you plan to do about your BF. I'm glad you are now able to see that since his teasing happens when another man expresses interest that he is expressing insecurity. The next time it happens, look at him and say "I'll bet he (point to the guy or the direction he went in) wouldn't have a problem with my breasts". If he suggests the boob job, tell him "Then even more men will want me."

Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 AM

819 posts, read 1,595,346 times
Print this out and next time he expresses his desire fo you to have bigger breasts, tell him we all suggest that he get a bigger penis, and until then to shut the hell up or hit the road.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,660,754 times
Quote:
I feel very down at the moment, i feel like he won't find me attractive sexually and that he will see larger breasted women and want them more than me. I'm just feeling very insecure about myself right now, which maybe is what he was aiming for Your advice and comments have been a big help and relief to me however, I feel like maybe i'm starting to see things clearer.
Carly, this really has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with him and his insecurities. It doesn't matter whether you are small breasted or large breasted. He will find fault in any way he can to make himself feel better. This is all at someone else's expense, yours. He has poor body and self image problems. Don't think you can "fix" him either, because you can't. I would end this relationship before he completely destroys your self esteem. That will be much harder to get past than getting over this nitwit.

You sound lovely. You just haven't found the right man that appreciates you, just as you are.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,996 times
Quote:
the thing is, i have small breasts. im not completely flat, im 34A so i do have something there even if it isn't alot. honestly, this never bothered me before, infact i never even thought about it

until my boyfriend started mentioning it.

I'm feeling quite paranoid and self conscious about myself ever since to be honest. I dont like getting undressed around him because im self concious about my chest. I'm starting to look in the mirror alot and notice my size etc. I just feel like i'm not good enough for him now because it seems such a big deal to him.

Your 20
You were confident with yourself before you met him

UNTIL he started mentioning it

This is what the dating process is for - to weed out the losers. Partners are suppose to make you feel good about yourself - NEVER EVER are they suppose to make you feel bad about yourself.

Please move on to someone else.

Good grief, I hope at such a tender young age this creep has not ruined your self confidence about yourself.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,710,398 times
Quote:

I get upset by it because it's frustrasting that he's telling me about this part of my body that i can't change, i was born this way.

I feel very down at the moment, i feel like he won't find me attractive sexually and that he will see larger breasted women and want them more than me. I'm just feeling very insecure about myself right now, which maybe is what he was aiming for
Don't be insecure. What is there to be insecure about? You've already accepted you were born that way and that is who you are.

I think if you had the perspective of being 10 years older, you'd see how totally insignificant your boob size is compared to finding a decent man you can live with and build a life with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships