Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Wow! Such a good post, teatime!

This is what is happening to me. I am getting hit on by married men often. In fact, I wish as many interesting single men would invite me out as married men. I have trouble believing that their wives do not know about it. My guess is the wives enjoy their house, car, lunches and shopping sprees, so they quietly look the other way while the husband takes care of himself.

In Europe, my understanding is that affairs are much more accepted. Here, everyone is having them, but nobody wants to hear about it! And it is the woman dating the married guy who is looked down on. While the men go out, drink their beers and play golf together and keep their mouths shut when their hear about their buddies' affairs!
I don't know where you get that viewpoint. Most people that I have had the discussion with, fault the married person. You know, it sounds to me as if you are looking for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
What do you think of women who date married men?
Or, we presume, of men who date married women?

It depends.

First assumption is that she's luring dood out of his marriage. It takes two to tango, however.

In a previous life, I became (it was mutual) interested in a very nice lady at our running club. Eventually we became involved. She was, and is I am sure, a wonderful and very nice woman.
Eventually her Christian beliefs reared their head.
Turns out she was still married, unbeknownst to me. She was at the tail end of divorce proceedings. Almost single, but still with documents.

The fact that she was still married created great angst for her, made her very uncomfortable in our relationship, and eventually the chapter closed. Pity.

So that's another side of "dating" a married person.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Woof, I know exactly what you mean. There was a period of time several years back when I sunk into a depression over it. When I was in my 20s, I was very focused on my education and career. So, when I hit my 30s, it seemed like most of the men who were asking me out were married men who DID marry in their 20s and were disenchanted. Some of them were upfront about their "status" and others lied about it so I had to do detective work to find out the truth. The last thing I wanted was to get pulled into some stupid married people's drama!

I've come to the point where I believe that the majority of marriages are a farce.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
What about married people who date other married people

Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Woof, I know exactly what you mean. There was a period of time several years back when I sunk into a depression over it. When I was in my 20s, I was very focused on my education and career. So, when I hit my 30s, it seemed like most of the men who were asking me out were married men who DID marry in their 20s and were disenchanted. Some of them were upfront about their "status" and others lied about it so I had to do detective work to find out the truth. The last thing I wanted was to get pulled into some stupid married people's drama!

I've come to the point where I believe that the majority of marriages are a farce.
Not to mention the spouse being cheated on might open up a can of whupass on the cheaters - in the form of gunfire. Just aint worth it!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
If I found out my husband was cheating, my issues would be with him...I took vows with HIM, not the woman he is running around with. I have no problems directing my anger in the right direction

Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
What about married people who date other married people
Did ya have to go and throw another scenario into this already confusing thread?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Not to mention the spouse being cheated on might open up a can of whupass on the cheaters - in the form of gunfire. Just aint worth it!
I don't know someone who shot the other woman but I know a former neighbor who found her hubby with her friend, beat the living tar out of her and made copies of the nude pics she found in his desk and enlarged them...large enough to post on the stop signs in the neighborhood

Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Did ya have to go and throw another scenario into this already confusing thread?
LOL, of course. I have nothing else to do right now.

I have a friend who is married and she is dating a married man, they both still have sex with their spouses and with each other, go figure

Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM

You know what's gonna suck? I have to leave so I can watch So You Think You Can Dance. The sucky part of this equation is ... that when I get back in here this thing will be 75 pages long and I'll have to read all the posts! Oh the time I'll have to put into this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships