Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,594,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's what I hear. So far, all is well. But I knock on wood every chance I get!!
I can loan you my daughter if you'd like. Let's see, she hates me, the world hates her, she can't do anything right (she thinks), she's stupid (she thinks), we work her to death (she does NOTHING around here), we refer to getting her up in the morning as "rattling her cage" and to top it all off, she's going on 14 and built like a brick s***house. And it's bathing suit season....WAAAAHHHHHH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:28 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I can loan you my daughter if you'd like. Let's see, she hates me, the world hates her, she can't do anything right (she thinks), she's stupid (she thinks), we work her to death (she does NOTHING around here), we refer to getting her up in the morning as "rattling her cage" and to top it all off, she's going on 14 and built like a brick s***house. And it's bathing suit season....WAAAAHHHHHH.
No thanks!! My son just asked me if he could get some blue tips in his hair...I'm just coming up for air on that one.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Money's not the issue, it's the way things are today--right now. No, I absolutely would not.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:58 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
i would love to, but not without 1st finding a really really good lawyer.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,967,569 times
Given the current state of the world, no.

My pets are already spoiled rotten. I get my mothering out of the way with them.

Also it really doesn't fit in with my life plans at this point, and doesn't look like it will. I'll be almost 30 when I get out of school/residency, and DH will be in his early 30s. That's too old to start having children, given my family history. Having a child in med school doesn't really seem like the best idea for anyone's sanity.

I love children, but ours is not a world that I want to bring them up in.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't get you, people... If you want them out so badly, why did you have them in the first place?! Wouldn't it have been a whole lot easier?
Don't get me wrong - I love kids ... especially my own. But I don't want to parent them forever. I want them to be responsible young men who grow into responsible old men. One of them is already out, and the other is going into 10th grade, so I have another three years of high school to deal with, then he's off to college. Hopefully the college we've prepped him for since kindergarten. I'm not worried though because he is a top notch student.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,067,738 times
Nope. Two kids is perfect for our family.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:53 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,972,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Don't get me wrong - I love kids ... especially my own. But I don't want to parent them forever. I want them to be responsible young men who grow into responsible old men. One of them is already out, and the other is going into 10th grade, so I have another three years of high school to deal with, then he's off to college. Hopefully the college we've prepped him for since kindergarten. I'm not worried though because he is a top notch student.

I nwould say no becasue we have five, but two just graduated from high school. When a few more graduate, our house is going to be really empty. We love having kids. It is wonderful. I cannot imagine living without them, it will be hard. Maybe we will host exchange students, or do foster care or soemthing. My wife likes babies. I like every age after 3. So we have everything covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships