Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM

496 posts, read 942,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Tell you what to do.......IF you really want to be accepted without rejection and want to be nosy......Sign up as a fictional name and get a pic off the net of a beautiful girl and then see if he accepts!
Hey good thinking. Some would think this terribly sneaky, methinks. But it's exactly what I'd do, too!

Old 06-18-2009, 05:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Aye yay yay! Are we still talking about this???

Old 06-18-2009, 06:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Oh my God, where has the world gone into? Are we now seriously replacing face to face interactions with virtual interactions?
Piping up: It's kind of goofy that you're saying that on a Internet forum, don't you think?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:31 PM

37,720 posts, read 46,158,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Piping up: It's kind of goofy that you're saying that on a Internet forum, don't you think?
Ha!

Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,689,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
That's the whole freaking point.

If it effs up for some reason, you have 300 friends (read "nosey folks") to answer to. Others like this drama in your life.

You can change your status without "publishing it" as a pop up on people's news feed.

Friends will only see it if they happen to look at your profile and then information.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,401,494 times
Well, my boyfriend has a Facebook and I have a Myspace. Neither of us are online that much so it's never really been a huge deal. I do have pics of him on my page and vice versa but I only have friends on my page so they all know him anyway. I'm wondering why you even have a FB if the people on it aren't really your friends.

In regards to your situation, if it bothers you that much tell him it bothers you. There's no point in walking around with hurt feelings if you're not going to address the issue. If you have no concerns with him cheating - I don't see why this bothers you. If you do have concerns with him cheating, then I think FB is the least of your worries, unless you're just looking for proof.

On a side note, it annoys me to no end when girlfriends post pics of themselves in their bf's comments or leave little graphic "I love you messages" I guess they're trying to mark their territory .

Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times
If I had a boyfriend, which I don't at the moment, I would give him my msn, twitter, this forum link and name I have here, etc, etc. Mostly because our relationship would be based on trust. He can check out any of my details whenever he likes. I never post anything on twitter, but I would give it to him anyways. I don't have facebook because I don't need a blast from the past. If I did, I would give him that too. If other people are looking at my profile, why can't he? If he doesn't want to, which is perfectly normal, I would give him the name anyway and let him decide. If I found out he had a profile he hadn't told me about, I would think he doesn't trust me, and feel absurdly hurt.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,480,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
If I had a boyfriend, which I don't at the moment, I would give him my msn, twitter, this forum link and name I have here, etc, etc. Mostly because our relationship would be based on trust. He can check out any of my details whenever he likes. I never post anything on twitter, but I would give it to him anyways. I don't have facebook because I don't need a blast from the past. If I did, I would give him that too. If other people are looking at my profile, why can't he? If he doesn't want to, which is perfectly normal, I would give him the name anyway and let him decide. If I found out he had a profile he hadn't told me about, I would think he doesn't trust me, and feel absurdly hurt.

I guess I have the opposite hangup.

My ex was not on this forum, but he was on another forum. I was able to read his posts, but despite my giving him a link to my profile, he never seemed interested in reading any of mine :/

Old 06-18-2009, 10:49 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,994,512 times
Look! Since you have asked to be added and he has given you this silly excuse - something is up. Maybe he is just flirting with others? maybe it's more serious? perhaps he vents about his relationship? It may be a big deal ... it may not. But the point is you have asked - he has all but said no. What does that mean, really? I find it alarming that he doesn't want you to "see" him in an arena that is very public (private profile or not) ... there are few secrets on the net.

I'd suggest you log on to facebook and request to join as his friend. If he refuses break off your relationship with him. Then move on as quickly as possible.
Best wishes.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I guess I have the opposite hangup.

My ex was not on this forum, but he was on another forum. I was able to read his posts, but despite my giving him a link to my profile, he never seemed interested in reading any of mine :/
Sounds like my ex too. I would tell him everywhere I went online as a regular, and he would never even bother looking me up. Lol. I didn't care if he didn't , I just wanted to know where he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships