Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,554,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Has he told you that this relationship is exclusive? If not, don't assume it is. Maybe your function is good company and conversation, and he's got somebody else for the horizontal stuff.
Could be, but he knows I don't want anything too involved right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,655,172 times
Whatever works and if it works for you, then I'm all for it!

Who cares what the exact arrangement is as long as no one is getting hurt (which also includes that there is no wife sitting at home), where you meet someone or what perks are involved on both sides, it's your business - you are an adult.

Stay safe and have FUN!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,456,836 times
PasstheChocolate,

He sounds like he is married to me. Otherwise, why would he be on that website and why is he only seeing you in a hotel room? Married guys can be VERY charming! They will wine and dine you like no other guy and treat you like a queen.

Be careful of your heart, that's all I'm saying.

W.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Whatever works and if it works for you, then I'm all for it!

Who cares what the exact arrangement is as long as no one is getting hurt (which also includes that there is no wife sitting at home), where you meet someone or what perks are involved on both sides, it's your business - you are an adult.

Stay safe and have FUN!
That really is the bottom line, that we both know the boundaries and limitations and are okay with it. No one gets hurt if we understand and accept them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
PasstheChocolate,

He sounds like he is married to me. Otherwise, why would he be on that website and why is he only seeing you in a hotel room? Married guys can be VERY charming! They will wine and dine you like no other guy and treat you like a queen.

Be careful of your heart, that's all I'm saying.

W.
Not everyone on that site is married. And he lives in Connecticut, so he stays at a hotel when he is in town.

I've been around the block enough to know that there are scammers and married men on and offline looking to get some play. If they're clever enough they'll get over on me, it's a risk I am taking in any arena.

2 questions, Woofy, have you done online dating at all? Have you ever been on this type of site at all? Just curious.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,456,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

Not everyone on that site is married. And he lives in Connecticut, so he stays at a hotel when he is in town.

I've been around the block enough to know that there are scammers and married men on and offline looking to get some play. If they're clever enough they'll get over on me, it's a risk I am taking in any arena.

2 questions, Woofy, have you done online dating at all? Have you ever been on this type of site at all? Just curious.
Well, he is clearly looking for an "arrangement," which indicates there is some type of catch. If he is not married, what do you think the arrangement would be?

Yes, I have done online dating. I have not tried that site. If I did online dating again, I might simply stick to Match.com.

W.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Well, he is clearly looking for an "arrangement," which indicates there is some type of catch. If he is not married, what do you think the arrangement would be?

Yes, I have done online dating. I have not tried that site. If I did online dating again, I might simply stick to Match.com.

W.
It's not for everyone that's for sure.

He said he was open to pass the time with the site. He doesn't go to bars, doesn't really do the singles scene - it was just convenient and he knew he could get results. But he knows there is no arrangement to be had with me, so he would really just be wasting his time and his money here if he wants a beckon-call girl. I have nothing to offer other than what I told him up front. He seems to be fine with it. We'll just have to see.

A lot of people think they know all about this type of thing based on what they hear from the masses, in the paper and on TV. There is so much more to it that people don't see and don't want to because where there is no scandal, there is boredom. I've never had a sugardaddy but I have been with wealthy men who, at one time or another, dangled money in front of me to apologize or pacify me. I can attest to the fact that it is not all shallow and transactional. Misguided in many cases, sad in others and completely selfish in many. But some of these couples do really grow to care for one another.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I want a successful man, that's a given on those sites.
It is?! I doubt they have their account statements online or provide them at sign-up ...

I'd think it's likely to be very attractive to con artists.

I just happened to read this book: Amazon.com: A Dance With the Devil: A True Story of Marriage to a Psychopath: Barbara Bentley: Books

This "sweet" story also started with a lot of wining and dining and expensive trips and so forth... Only that after getting married shortly afterwards he moved into her house and started bleeding her dry and his hefty mysterious checks were always delayed for one rationalized reason or another. She ended up in bankruptcy.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It is?! I doubt they have their account statements online or provide them at sign-up ...

I'd think it's likely to be very attractive to con artists.
LOL...no they don't but the site targets successful men and those who want one, ultimately. No doubt there are lots of con artists. But I can spot them, and I don't make it easy to meet me.

Quote:
I just happened to read this book: Amazon.com: A Dance With the Devil: A True Story of Marriage to a Psychopath: Barbara Bentley: Books

This "sweet" story also started with a lot of wining and dining and expensive trips and so forth... Only that after getting married shortly afterwards he moved into her house and started bleeding her dry and his hefty mysterious checks were always delayed for one rationalized reason or another. She ended up in bankruptcy.
Been with a sociopath already, I can smell 'em coming. I love the nice dinners and such, but my stray-dar is in tip top shape. The first sign of funky money games and I'm gone-ski.

I know someone who went through something similar. I doubt she'll fall for it again, if she can ever trust anyone enough to even date again.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,121,201 times
You go, girl. You know what you want and went for it. I'm so glad it's working for you. Ignore the naysayers. You are there and you'll know better than any of us what kind of man he is and what kind of vibes he gives off.

I hope it keeps working for you.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You go, girl. You know what you want and went for it. I'm so glad it's working for you. Ignore the naysayers.
I just wonder if everything is so fine and dandy why it is up for discussion here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships