Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:54 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Agreed - protect yourself at all costs. If she's willing to jump straight to divorce after only a few months of marriage, I wonder if she was planning it all along, for the alimony.
Yepppppppppppp!

I don't have any positive good impressions about her at all.

She probably has a Bad-Boy or two or three or four (you get the idea) to take the OP's place later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Lean on your friends and family and allow yourself to grieve. It will get better and you will get past it, even if it doesn't seem that way now.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Yepppppppppppp!

I don't have any positive good impressions about her at all.

She probably has a Bad-Boy or two or three or four (you get the idea) to take the OP's place later.
Guh, such encouraging words. Though I can't imagine this happened overnight. I wonder if she was even sure she wanted to get married in the first place.

Can she actually get alimony after only 5 months of marriage?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Guh, such encouraging words. Though I can't imagine this happened overnight.
I don't sugar coat most things.

IMO It was planned over the years in an attempt to collect, now if she actually does is another story.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
get a good lawyer now.
file now.
do not wait for the truck to hit you.
the person that is filing a law suit against you is not your friend.
you just thought they were. no more than the pet anaconda that sleeps with you.
50% marriage failure, 26% of guys did not see it coming
75% divorces filed by women.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-07-2009 at 07:49 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablau View Post
My wife wants to divorce me. She dropped the bomb two days ago. I am overwhelmed with emotions. I just want to know something I can do when I get lonely and want to reach out to her. I have been relying on my friends and family. I just want help for when I sit at work and think about her and miss her.

My heart is torn out of my chest.

I don't really know what else to say. I just want some encouraging words...people say it will get better but I feel like it won't...
ablau, I'm so sorry for the pain you are in! You need to understand, you are in shock right now - this kind of news is like hearing your best friend was just killed in a horrible accident. You need time to absorb the reality of your situation. For right now, just try to be good to yourself - drink and eat to nourish your body and surround yourself by friends. It WILL get better and you will survive, you just have to take things one day at a time for a while.

Hugs to you.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I don't sugar coat most things.

IMO It was planned over the years in an attempt to collect, now if she actually does is another story.
I can respect calling a spade a spade, if it is in fact a spade.

But, now I'm really curious about the alimony thing. Though I'm sure that's not the main thing on his mind right now.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Wow. Your words seem to depict the way my husband behaved when I told him.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Not long after, he raked me over the coals. I hope things work out for the two of you, but if they do not, I hope for a civil parting.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
My advice is to make sure you do nothing that you will regreatt later. At some poit you will need to come to terms with teh divorce and still feel good about yourself.Its easy to decide to get revenge during the process but that usaully end with both coming out with little and never coming to terms long after they except the fact.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
My advice is to make sure you do nothing that you will regreatt later. At some poit you will need to come to terms with teh divorce and still feel good about yourself.Its easy to decide to get revenge during the process but that usaully end with both coming out with little and never coming to terms long after they except the fact.
She will go for it and if the OP "just goes with the flow" he'll "lose badly".

She has already shown to take the divorce initiative which was planned so what's to stop her from taking this to the hilt with most of the laws and judges on her side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships