Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I have always been curious as to why relationships don't work out and I wonder if we all break up over the same things.

Sometimes I try and ask people but I'm told the same line; "well, it just did not work out, he/she was crazy... ect, ect... ...

So my question is, during your last relationship that did not work out what exactly was the problem and who decided break off the relationship?
I broke it off because I felt unappreciated and taken for granted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
I have always been curious as to why relationships don't work out and I wonder if we all break up over the same things.

Sometimes I try and ask people but I'm told the same line; "well, it just did not work out, he/she was crazy... ect, ect... ...

So my question is, during your last relationship that did not work out what exactly was the problem and who decided break off the relationship?
We had all the same strengths and all the same weaknesses. That made us better friends than a couple.

The most successful relationships are those in which each partner brings out the best in the other - if you are too alike you really can't do that.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
oh boy..

he dumped me, said I was too needy.

In an and off relationship that lasted 3 and a half years, this was his excuse every single time. If I was really "too needy", no man in his right mind would come back all those times. men don't want clingy girls. Even my guy friends thought he was out of his mind to say that. I never asked for much, just for some of his time (which I hardly ever got due to his military career and my schedule) and sometimes I even had to ask for his affection, which before I was used to being showered with beyond what I wanted. He never communicated with me during times where I needed him to prove he was back for me for the right reasons and so I would wind up questioning him. basically he took me for granted and it hurt. I felt that I deserved to be appreciated and adored.

It was an all around mistake and a lesson learned..the extreme hard way. He wasn't into me beyond physical attraction but I was too dodo brained to see it because I was still hanging onto the time when he was extremely into me physically and emotionally, and would have done anything for me, which those days were long over. A man who makes an independent girl (me) seemingly needy is just wrong for her on so many levels. I always tell people "don't ever ever be me!". I'm glad he's gone for good now. I don't like the person I became, and how he brought out the worst in me and made me feel so awful and unworthy just like how he feels about himself. He didn't want me to be happy with or without him. So I guess you could say that he was emotionally abusive as well. I feel so much better about myself now, even though I lately haven't had money to pamper myself in any way lately so I don't feel very physically attractive even though my friends beg to differ (lol) but I'm much happier on my own terms. It feels victorious! *******s like that are not needed in my life.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
You guys really know how to pick some winners.....

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times
I realized he wasn't in love with me anymore and that we had no future together. I later found out he had other long-term relationships behind my back for years.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
A complete phoney. Fabricated a ton and used me. And what is worse, picked me out to do it all. Then after using me, broke it off via an e-mail. How ya like them beans?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You guys really know how to pick some winners.....
lol he picked me..and I'm young..I'm allowed. now that I've learned, that's not allowed!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,436,098 times
She dumped me for some meth head.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,327 times
Quote:

I broke it off because he neglected to tell me he already had a girlfriend.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:

My last relationship ended when I realized that he had serious emotional issues that were probably always there, I just ignored all the red flags.
He never would have had the kahones to end it, so I did. I think he was relieved in the end (he was seriously depressed), and I know I left him feeling like he had hurt me terribly. And I first, so did I, but it took me all of about 2 days to realize that I was much better off without him, and I recovered very quickly after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships