Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times

Advertisements

I broke it off because he started getting lazy and losing motivation. Not to mention the fact that he was gaining some serious weight and didn't want to do anything to return to his previous form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
I broke it off last month because he was too whimsical, indecisive and let ghosts of his past spook him too much that it constantly interfered with what we had going. The end.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM

295 posts, read 838,183 times
Honestly, it was mutual.

We had been drifting apart for some time. We both realized I was never going to be the docile girlfriend who closed her eyes at her boyfriend's flaws and He was never going to be the ambitious, decision maker I needed him to be. Basically, we couldn't balance each other out.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,066,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I have always been curious as to why relationships don't work out and I wonder if we all break up over the same things.

Sometimes I try and ask people but I'm told the same line; "well, it just did not work out, he/she was crazy... ect, ect... ...

So my question is, during your last relationship that did not work out what exactly was the problem and who decided break off the relationship?

After 3 months I realized that we weren't really compatible. Plus their were issues in her family that I didn't want to be dragged into.I also felt underappreciated I got her really nice gifts..necklaces, jewelry, gift cards and chocolate hearts. What did I get in return? Piece of crap junk from the dollar store. One of my gifts costed way more than all the gifts she ever gave me put together. Plus after awhile I realized that she is extremely negative and I'm extremely positive!..lol I just felt like we were star crossed lovers. I was the one who ended the relationship.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
After 3 months I realized that we weren't really compatible. Plus their were issues in her family that I didn't want to be dragged into.I also felt underappreciated I got her really nice gifts..necklaces, jewelry, gift cards and chocolate hearts. What did I get in return? Piece of crap junk from the dollar store. One of my gifts costed way more than all the gifts she ever gave me put together. Plus after awhile I realized that she is extremely negative and I'm extremely positive!..lol I just felt like we were star crossed lovers. I was the one who ended the relationship.
I get the negative/positive thing, but a gift is given in the spirit of generosity, not in expectation of something in return. Regardless, there is something very wrong with showering her with necklaces, jewelry and gift cards in just 3 months of being together, then gripe that she was cheap? Ridiculous. You'd be lucky if I remembered your birthday in that short a time span.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:15 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,702 times
Before I met my husband, I dated a guy that I THOUGHT was really nice and honest and just an all around great guy! THEN I found out he lied!!! He lied about everything. He told me he was adopted, he was not...I met his parents who confirmed that story for me. And that was just one of his many lies, but that is a good example of what I was dealing with. So, it had to end!
But prior to that, I would say most of the people I dated or whatever, I wanted nothing to do with after one or two dates for various reasons, but it was usually me who did not return a phone call or asked that I not be called ever again! I guess I am just picky, at least that's what I have been told!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
So my question is, during your last relationship that did not work out what exactly was the problem and who decided break off the relationship?
I dumped him.

We were never really that compatible to begin with. What we had in common was being in the same line of work. Once the honeymoon period of our relationship was over, I couldn't ignore our incompatibilities any longer. He smoked cigarettes and couldn't quit. He wasn't very intellectual. He was more conservative in lifestyle and was upset that people often mistook me for being in my late 20's. He wanted me to dress and act my age (in my 40's)... which made me feel very old, tired and even stressed in his company. If I needed to vent or gripe about a situation, he would play devil's advocate and take the other side. I just had to get away from him.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If I needed to vent or gripe about a situation, he would play devil's advocate and take the other side. I just had to get away from him.
Oh, I know what you mean - that is so frustrating!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
<cough> think I just contracted some intelliflu

Old 07-08-2009, 12:13 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,548,462 times
I ended the relationship because after almost six years of dating, he still kept saying he didn't want to marry me. I didn't want to keep wasting my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships