Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Seems you do a lot of clock watching on your SO, thats a red flag. If he was honest with you why worry. If you dont trust him find someone else.
Oh please! You have to be kidding? If something sounds fishy, it usually is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'm with most others...since when did we start using massages as the new mark for currency? It reminds of those infomercials that say "for the price of two cups of coffee a day you can own this all in one miracle product...". I'd love to be able to go to my mechanic with twelve pots of coffee and say, "here, fix my alternator". Tell your husband that until he stops accepting massages for currency, that you will start using handjobs for currency. Then tell him you're on your way out to do some grocery shopping and pay the electric bill, and oh, how would you like me to pay for that? While you're at it, ask him if he accepts massages from men old men for currency as well...if so, the local Elk's Lodge needs some carpet installed, interested?
You deserve rep for that one, but it won't let me. Arghhh.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
I would lay into his *ss and he would NEVER clean her carpets again!

Oh and this: "Also another FYI when the attention is not on me it must be on someone or something else.???!!!!
If he is not paying you any attention AND doing this kind of stuff...you can BET it is on someone else, so we would have some serious discussions!! (lawyers optional )

Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
It's fishy. But, on the other hand, if I'm in the middle of working, I typically don't answer calls.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,961 times
While I must admit that the OPs hubby put himself into quite a predicament, we seem to have the age old problem here that men face from time to time. Damned if you do- damned if you dont. When confronted he did tell the truth instead of digging himself a deeper hole. It does seem that he would have made up some off the wall story if it had been anything more than an exchange of services. We tend to do that when we are "busted." Nothing can save his a** for not telling his wife of this arrangement before hand so she could express her disapproval. But it sounds more like a case of "husband stupidity" than "husband infidelity." What else is fairly clear is that this case of "husband stupidity" isnt the 1st time hubby has been "stupid."

Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
What else is fairly clear is that this case of "husband stupidity" isnt the 1st time hubby has been "stupid."
Just curious - what do you base this on? Apart from what the OP has said here about this incident (in which she hasn't mentioned any past transgressions), the only other post she has written related to her concern about her husband looking at semi-clothed women on the internet.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Just curious - what do you base this on? Apart from what the OP has said here about this incident (in which she hasn't mentioned any past transgressions), the only other post she has written related to her concern about her husband looking at semi-clothed women on the internet.
Why else would she be "watching the clock?"

Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Why else would she be "watching the clock?"
All she said was that she called him at 12:45, she knew he had a cleaning job at 1PM and then didn't hear from him until 5:30PM when he returned her call and told her he was finishing up the second job and then coming home. Oh well, no matter. I think the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion with almost everyone's minds in the sewer assuming the absolute worst case scenario. Anybody forming a lynching party yet or do those get put together via DMs?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
All she said was that she called him at 12:45, she knew he had a cleaning job at 1PM and then didn't hear from him until 5:30PM when he returned her call and told her he was finishing up the second job and then coming home. Oh well, no matter. I think the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion with almost everyone's minds in the sewer assuming the absolute worst case scenario. Anybody forming a lynching party yet or do those get put together via DMs?
I think I came out relatively on HIS side of this.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I think I came out relatively on HIS side of this.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships