Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Thick or Thin? (choose which one you would rather have)
Thick 155 49.36%
Thin 166 52.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:27 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You're saying you'd like girls who look like boys?

I don't care for women who look like men.
No. You must of missed the posts I've made in the past about girl pants. I fit into a size 3 and I want a girl that's the same size as me or smaller (but preferably the same size, so I can wear her pants)

Old 03-26-2011, 08:44 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristisha View Post
i`m 5`10 and 130lbs and i`m on a diet to lose weight. how much is suppose a girl to have (at my height) to be considered thin?
I wouldn't necessarily say you're too skinny. But you don't need to lose weight.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 140. And I'm rather skinny myself.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:38 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
No. You must of missed the posts I've made in the past about girl pants. I fit into a size 3 and I want a girl that's the same size as me or smaller (but preferably the same size, so I can wear her pants)
...that doesn't even sound right. Why not just buy women's pants to wear?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 AM

420 posts, read 877,808 times
Being raised around plenty of 'Sista Bigbones', I used to think skinny was unhealthy and therefore, unattractive. I maintained this mindset for years until I kept meeting women who mistook my specification on dating sites for Bbw ladies to mean just Big. So I would end up being contacted by hefty gals with no figure. And yes, there are plenty out there with voluptous figures. [see below]

But I have dated some 'average' physiques and found them very pleasing. Maybe my perspective is broadening as I age. I still like the Kirstie Alley type. But there is now, certainly room for more. Or would that be less?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uck1i...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
Being raised around plenty of 'Sista Bigbones', I used to think skinny was unhealthy and therefore, unattractive. I maintained this mindset for years until I kept meeting women who mistook my specification on dating sites for Bbw ladies to mean just Big. So I would end up being contacted by hefty gals with no figure. And yes, there are plenty out there with voluptous figures. [see below]

But I have dated some 'average' physiques and found them very pleasing. Maybe my perspective is broadening as I age. I still like the Kirstie Alley type. But there is now, certainly room for more. Or would that be less?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uck1i...ature=youtu.be
Most women in that vid had quite a few burgers too many for my taste...

Old 03-26-2011, 10:26 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
This poll is funny. Thick or thin? Thos are the only options? That's like do you like super models or ugly girls? Do you like girls with long hair or buzz cuts? I wouldn't say I'm necessarily thin - sometimes I am - but I wouldn't say that I'm "thick." I have an hourglass body and have never been overweight - well, except for now, but I'm pregnant so I have a pretty darn good excuse!

It seems like this is a poll just designed to make it look like most people prefer thin girls. What about a poll that lists a bunch of different body types?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This poll is funny. Thick or thin? Thos are the only options? That's like do you like super models or ugly girls? Do you like girls with long hair or buzz cuts? I wouldn't say I'm necessarily thin - sometimes I am - but I wouldn't say that I'm "thick." I have an hourglass body and have never been overweight - well, except for now, but I'm pregnant so I have a pretty darn good excuse!

It seems like this is a poll just designed to make it look like most people prefer thin girls. What about a poll that lists a bunch of different body types?
I don't know, the poll seems pretty equally divided between thick and thin... I don't know why it "look like most people prefer thin girls" since it seems like a 50/50 divide...

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't know, the poll seems pretty equally divided between thick and thin... I don't know why it "look like most people prefer thin girls" since it seems like a 50/50 divide...
I didn't say anything about the poll results - the results surprised me, actually - I'm just talking about the way it was set up. I'm saying that "thick" doesn't sound attractive. I'm happy that people still voted for thick. All I'm saying is that if I wanted to feel better about my body - then I could start a poll saying do you prefer hourglass women or scrawny women. Or hourglass women or bean poles. There would still be guys that voted for scrawny or bean pole because some guys like skinny girls - but it makes one sound flattering and the other sound bad. Maybe I'm not making my point clear enough - but it wasn't about the results - it was about the choices used in the poll itself.
I would probably start crying if someone ever called me "thick" but I wouldn't always classify myself as thin. Maybe thinner than the average woman - but I'm definitely curvy - even when I'm thin, I'm curvy. But not "thick."

Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristisha View Post
i`m 5`10 and 130lbs and i`m on a diet to lose weight. how much is suppose a girl to have (at my height) to be considered thin?
10 pounds off the muffin top

Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I didn't say anything about the poll results - the results surprised me, actually - I'm just talking about the way it was set up. I'm saying that "thick" doesn't sound attractive. I'm happy that people still voted for thick. All I'm saying is that if I wanted to feel better about my body - then I could start a poll saying do you prefer hourglass women or scrawny women. Or hourglass women or bean poles. There would still be guys that voted for scrawny or bean pole because some guys like skinny girls - but it makes one sound flattering and the other sound bad. Maybe I'm not making my point clear enough - but it wasn't about the results - it was about the choices used in the poll itself.
I would probably start crying if someone ever called me "thick" but I wouldn't always classify myself as thin. Maybe thinner than the average woman - but I'm definitely curvy - even when I'm thin, I'm curvy. But not "thick."
Now you got me confused... lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.