Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,495,169 times

Advertisements

The ONLY single man at my church is: too young and gay. All others are married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Any women on this board have much luck meeting men in church? I am so sick of every well-meaning elder or old broad yammering about how "I'll find a nice guy in church" OMG! Please. Ironic, but that is one place I don't recommend to single women. I think all Christian single women believe that the best place to find a so-called "good, godly man" is in church and so the men all KNOW THIS, so they kind of get a swelled head about themselves. Single women are always going to outnumber single men in church-that's a fact. The one place I have NEVER found anyone to date is church. Yes, I know my parents are part of this racket. Just because it happened in "their day". Why are single church guys so smug and put up this "front"? And I cannot stand the way they take the term "biblical" or "godly" wife out of context. I think what they really mean is a subservient, docile type woman out of a Mormon cult or something. Sorry guys, ladies I think it's time to start going to sporting events, political stuff, (heck, try taking woodworking classes, who knows.) places where you are outnumbered by men...You may have to do some research.....I know I am critical of others, but aren't most people a little critical of someone or some group out there...
How do women feel about single, so-called "Christian" men? your thoughts?
Hi smoky_topaz, There is certainly an enormous amount of complexity on how I resolved to find my mate in life. However I can say your sample size is a bit small and you do need more than a local church group. Also complaining about how men want a subservient wife is a big turn off even to men who don't want one. I personally just did not want a contentious wife. I certainly did not make a point of complaining about women in the presence of women.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM

259 posts, read 841,129 times
LOL I agree, this is definitely on my little Top 10 list of dating advice that I hate. After all, the same guys that go to church can also go to the club/party/drink the night before. So what's the difference?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Any women on this board have much luck meeting men in church? I am so sick of every well-meaning elder or old broad yammering about how "I'll find a nice guy in church" OMG! Please. Ironic, but that is one place I don't recommend to single women. I think all Christian single women believe that the best place to find a so-called "good, godly man" is in church and so the men all KNOW THIS, so they kind of get a swelled head about themselves. Single women are always going to outnumber single men in church-that's a fact. The one place I have NEVER found anyone to date is church. Yes, I know my parents are part of this racket. Just because it happened in "their day". Why are single church guys so smug and put up this "front"? And I cannot stand the way they take the term "biblical" or "godly" wife out of context. I think what they really mean is a subservient, docile type woman out of a Mormon cult or something. Sorry guys, ladies I think it's time to start going to sporting events, political stuff, (heck, try taking woodworking classes, who knows.) places where you are outnumbered by men...You may have to do some research.....I know I am critical of others, but aren't most people a little critical of someone or some group out there...
How do women feel about single, so-called "Christian" men? your thoughts?
I think you need a new church. The single men at mine are not at all like you describe.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:50 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I never even considered looking for people to date at church. Seems somehow irreligious to do so. Besides, I don't recall seeing any unattached females in my age bracket.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Smoky, has it ever occurred to you that you have difficulty with meeting men, whether in a church, a biker bar, or every place in between? Every place you go is populated with worthless losers who are not worthy of your attention.

Gosh. Have you ever noticed that the common denominator in all your dating woes is you?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Exactly, but whats worse is that the biggest crooks of them all is standing at the pulpit. Sfff, organized crime goes further then you think.

YouTube - Marjoe Gortner Religion is a business
There has been no shortage of people using religion to make themselves wealthy, heck there is one guy with a church about 2miles from my house that falls in that category.

Then again, there are MANY more that do not.

Again, these types of posts are about as thoughtful (and offensive) as posting an article about some illegal immigrant murdering someone and saying that all those illegals are murdering bums.

You guys sound like my old racist neighbor from a number of years back. Seriously.

STER-E-O-TYP-ING

Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Uhhh...Churches are different in many parts of the country. In smaller communities the church is one of the common meeting grounds. In some places everyone prays hard until sunset.

I consider myself a 30%er, about how often I attend. When I have gone to the singles groups I have found women to be quite aggressive. Kind of made me feel weird about the idea of 'going to church to meet women'. I guess some guys know that people are 'programmed' with the idea that church is where you go to meet a member of the opposite sex, so they get arrogant.

BTW there are many men who don't want a docile submissive wife, rather an equal. You may want to consider looking in places where men and women are treated the same.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
The ONLY single man at my church is: too young and gay. All others are married.
*gasp* a gay man in church? I think you just made some posters here heads explode.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
Meeting potential "dates" at church would seem better than ......

.....a family reunion.

I dated a gal once that I met at a wedding.

Since we didn't meet until the reception, I s'pose that would be considered more like "the bar" than "church".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships