Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Despite all the ranting and raving here.....your best bet to find a good man are in this order 1) Coach at the YMCA 2) Volunteer on the gradeschool playground 3) Bible Study or Church
Hi Beena,

Is that how one should shop for a new car? I do wonder what it is that only in one of the more important things in life do we concoct finding a mate as a side effect. You will sometimes find me on the play ground because I have a boy which is typical of married men. I am married because I decided I wanted a wife at that time and went and got her. If you are single and live in the burbs, good luck with that bible study or church group. Please choose from these 5 random people.
If you do like a less direct approach find activities that are skewed toward the opposing sex. Dance class for men or something like chess club or hunting for women. When I was a single man I was out fishing, camping or hiking or playing chess, not at a play ground. It might work for men with kids but poorly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 01:46 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,568 times
Hmm, let's see. Older women are "yammering old broads". Eligible men in church are smug and have swelled heads. Eligible men want the kind a woman you don't want to be. There are probably better guys somewhere else. And you're critical of others.

...and you wonder why you can't find a nice guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Any women on this board have much luck meeting men in church? I am so sick of every well-meaning elder or old broad yammering about how "I'll find a nice guy in church" OMG! Please. Ironic, but that is one place I don't recommend to single women. I think all Christian single women believe that the best place to find a so-called "good, godly man" is in church and so the men all KNOW THIS, so they kind of get a swelled head about themselves. Single women are always going to outnumber single men in church-that's a fact. The one place I have NEVER found anyone to date is church. Yes, I know my parents are part of this racket. Just because it happened in "their day". Why are single church guys so smug and put up this "front"? And I cannot stand the way they take the term "biblical" or "godly" wife out of context. I think what they really mean is a subservient, docile type woman out of a Mormon cult or something. Sorry guys, ladies I think it's time to start going to sporting events, political stuff, (heck, try taking woodworking classes, who knows.) places where you are outnumbered by men...You may have to do some research.....I know I am critical of others, but aren't most people a little critical of someone or some group out there...
How do women feel about single, so-called "Christian" men? your thoughts?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

8,957 posts, read 20,385,036 times
Meeting someone at church, "ify" at best! I know the type of personality I had when I was single (outgoing, funny/sarcastic, aggressive) and that I did like to "party" at times and most church ladies sure wouldn't go for that! In fact, some women would probably say, "if you want to date a really fun guy, you won't meet him in church!" but then again, some of those "church ladies" are the same way........DULL/BORING! And, from observing the men and women at the church that wife and I go to......that is all true! Some men and women think that meeting someone in a Nightclub is absolutely bad........not me, I did it for a number of years when I was single. Met some nice ladies, but things just didn't work out. I was a fairly light drinker, but sure knew how to dance and have fun!
I met my wife thru a personal ad that I placed in a local magazine. She went to church sometimes and, after we met, I went with her.......no problem. Even wife and I have made comments that the reason we don't make friends at church is because we like to have "fun" at times. Play some Poker, have a couple of beers/snacks and watch a Classic Rock DVD.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its always better to meet someone at church. You dont want to meet some crazy dark sided people on the streets who are not god warriors.

YouTube - God warrior!

OMG!! crazy Margot! thank you for the laugh !!
now wheres my ouji board .. I need to find a godly man ... ( NOT ::smirks:: )

Old 08-28-2009, 02:16 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
I wouldn't date, much less marry, a man who went to church. No offense, but that is simply not what my life is about.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

BTW there are many men who don't want a docile submissive wife, rather an equal. You may want to consider looking in places where men and women are treated the same.
Prison?

Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM

348 posts, read 847,125 times
What Christian men in church? All the men in church are already married--I've been attending the Southern Baptist denomination and there's hardly any single christian men who attend.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:57 PM

348 posts, read 847,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Jesus Christ and Holy Sh*t!!!!! What the hell was that???!!!

Why did that weird lady keep saying "DORK SIDED"???

All I can say right now is:

She herself seems posessed by a few demons.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkforu View Post
What Christian men in church? All the men in church are already married--I've been attending the Southern Baptist denomination and there's hardly any single christian men who attend.
Thats because most single men never go to church. Men only go to church after they get married because the wives make them go. They fear that if they dont go, they'll hear the wife's nag nag nagging and they fear she may withhold sex for a while.

Next time, look at those men and tell us if they TRULY look happy to be there. I betcha more than half of them wish they were somewhere else.

You'll still see a great drop off in male attendance from September to January which is FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
To Whoever Sent Me the PM,

My DH is one of the best out there, he has his own beliefs but doesn't feel the need to attend church to prove it. I am a life long atheist. And we are happily child-free.

But thank you for your concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships