Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:52 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,028,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
In looking for a "perfect" mate, we are choosing which flaws are more acceptable than others and how many we are willing to live with.
I've been saying this for years. People called me a misanthrope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,865,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
This is a gender that wont date men because of accesories like being the same height when wearing 5 inche heels once or twice a month so i dont expect logic to fly..

Im resigned to the fact i have to wait until they hit their 30's and are desperate to have a relationship and kids and will drop their insanely high standards in the opposite sex..
Of course, by that time, their "standards" are slipping too. You will have realized the futility of this and moved on.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,726,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
This is a gender that wont date men because of accesories like being the same height when wearing 5 inche heels once or twice a month so i dont expect logic to fly..

Im resigned to the fact i have to wait until they hit their 30's and are desperate to have a relationship and kids and will drop their insanely high standards in the opposite sex..
That's one of the reasons why so many straight women turn to bisexuality.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,224,535 times
Default "Food for thought: One woman said she would not share time with a man unless he was her ideal of Mr Perfect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I don't see anything wrong with her statement. No one should have to settle for a less than ideal mate. I don't feel that I'm particularly picky but I do have a couple of dealbreakers. With that being said, I don't request anything out of a mate that I can't give myself.

I'm sure there are people who think I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my life and I'm ok with that. I'd rather be alone that have to settle for less.
I agree. There's no need to compromise in a mate. And there's no way would I date a smoker, heavy partier or intellectually challenged man just because he was charming. I'd just keep these sort of men as platonic friends and nothing more.

I am very realistic as to not expecting a man to change his lifestyle to suit mine. And it was also be cruel of me to date someone knowing that at some point, him having these deal breakers would cause me to break up with him.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The key is to not have ANY standards. Then he and his kind will all be happy.
I don't have any standards, I'll take whatever comes along.

Hope someone does, but if they don't, then oh well.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:21 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,567,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't have any standards, I'll take whatever comes along.

Hope someone does, but if they don't, then oh well.

You'll take anything that comes along? You sure about that?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Any female...biologically speaking.

Of course, I don't have to have a physical relationship with them...

Old 09-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Any female...biologically speaking.

Of course, I don't have to have a physical relationship with them...
So being female is the only requirement? They shouldn't have any qualities and abstain from any destructive behavior to be with you or around you, even if you don't have a physical relationship with them? Are you absolutely sure?

Old 09-27-2009, 05:17 PM

Absolutely sure. I did marry a schizophrenic, after all. And had she not disappeared on me, I'd still be with her today.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Absolutely sure. I did marry a schizophrenic, after all. And had she not disappeared on me, I'd still be with her today.
Schizophrenia, while challenging, is hardly the same as, say, a meth-head, a repeat felon, an abuser, or just plain someone you are not attracted to.

Are you saying you would date any one of these people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships