Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:39 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times

Advertisements

If an arguement starts, I walk away as opposed to trying to get the last word. I'd rather let him have the last word and leave him hanging without a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
If an arguement starts, I walk away as opposed to trying to get the last word. I'd rather let him have the last word and leave him hanging without a response.
me, too..... makes them crazy!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
me, too..... makes them crazy!
Well, it's not so much to make him crazy. I am just a biatch.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
um, you might wish to edit and clarify?

PTC; it IS him, lol!
Who is him?
Ignorant, and dogma cause most of the bad things in this world, but this is going off topic.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I'm a woman, and I never have to have the last word in an argument. Instead I just smile sweetly, silently dripping sarcasm, until the other party goes nuts. It just works better for me.

Now, I think we've said all that can be said. This thread should be closed.
Only someone who knows they are wrong would resort to this.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
in over 50 years of living, in all truthfulness this has never even appeared on my radar, for men or for women. Guess what? Some people simply don't play that game because there are healthier ways to communicate

if it's something that bugs you, than it's probably because you have a vested interest in it yourself, as in it matters to you because you are into one upmanship yourself. if you weren't "keeping score" yourself, then you wouldn't even notice. Like a friend of mine says, "You spot it, you got it."

coolhand says it so well.....
When I talk about an "argument", I am not talking about yelling at each other. But a disagreement on a something.
Are you telling me it is a healthier way to deal with a disagreement, other then putting forward a bunch of arguments to make your case?

"You spot it, you got it." Yes, I'm sure that's how it works in the real world.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Bravo, spot on.
You dislike me because I spotted your sexism, any accusations he throws towards me you will most likely support.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Refusal to enter into conflict with someone is the best response.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
When I talk about an "argument", I am not talking about yelling at each other. But a disagreement on a something.
Are you telling me it is a healthier way to deal with a disagreement, other then putting forward a bunch of arguments to make your case?

"You spot it, you got it." Yes, I'm sure that's how it works in the real world.
Why does one need to 'make their case'? It's enough that DH and I respect each other, even when we disagree. There just isn't a need to make a case or have the last word. Will the other person be swayed by your arguments? Will it lead to some agreement or consensus? Usually not. If you need to make a case with a bunch of arguments then it's probably a pointless effort and you are wasting your time trying (whether it be a spouse, friend, coworker, etc). They might say, "OK, you are right." or "Fine, we'll do it your way." but they're only talking, not believing.

“Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.” Dale Carnegie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Refusal to enter into conflict with someone is the best response.
This is true but soooooo frustrating to be the other person in the 'discussion', lol.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Less frustrating than verbally attacking them...even if you're only attacking their position, some people take it very personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships