Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,560,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok, i thought that as long as you didn't live in your mom's basement and was on your own that was fine. So living in a apartment is not acceptable in your 30's??_lol Are you kiddin me???

I have had 2 different woman ask me when do I plan to buy a house?? Or why am I not already in a house??

Ok everybody, I'm done, it's clear that I don't qualify for a relationship because women want you now in this SHAKY economy to have a HOUSE???

I mean Come on!
You are 34. You think it's ODD that anyone your age would own a home? You aren't a kid anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,586,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Crikey, that sounds like something TVSG would say. Translate into English, please?
What? Don't you understand my Ennnnnglish?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,747,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
What? Don't you understand my Ennnnnglish?
No, not that time around. No translation? OK.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One size does not fit all, and each person in the dating pool has a different set of attributes and expectations. Some women want a stable guy with a white picket fence so they can settle down and have their 2.5 children. Some women don't even want kids ever, and ar eonly looking for a guy to provide companionship. Some guys want to be a "cub" to a cougar, and have her take the lead financially and otherwise. Some guys want a submissive little foreigner wife who will do all his bidding with a smile on her face.

In my personal point of view, if you don't bring it, you can't expect it either. This is not always the case, as we know, many times a wealthy man will marry a hat check girl or a Britney marries a K-Fed. It's the same thing if a fat, short, balding middle aged unattractive male had his sights set on a 6 ft knockout with curves like Jessica Rabbit. If a woman is eeking by paycheck to paycheck and living in a rental, it really isn't realistic to expect her potential partner to be Donald Trump. Some women can try and sometimes do catch the brass ring. It usally means they actually do look like Jessica Rabbit. But for the general population, I don't think it is right to expect a potential partner to provide you with a life you have in mind - you should be busy with trying to provide it for yourself instead. That goes for men and women alike as far as I'm concerned.
I agree with most of what you said! Bravo for your openmindedness!

"Some guys want a submissive little foreigner wife who will do all his bidding with a smile on her face"

This is a little off IMO, they want a submissive wife to some point but really want a true equal as well she knows he's the Man and She's the feminine Woman and acts like a lady and wife to look after his interests as he does for her as well with unlimited Love between them and resolves all problems, etc, etc, etc, as a marriage and being part of each other ought to be.

IMO: This isn't too much the case these days as it's more like no better than glorified stranger roommates in a matter of speaking.

What we have are people with different ideas and lifestyles they expect and they'll defend to the end, hence the in this thread and others.

Last edited by njguy; 09-24-2009 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Additions in Bold and Underlined.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 PM

930 posts, read 2,424,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok, i thought that as long as you didn't live in your mom's basement and was on your own that was fine. So living in a apartment is not acceptable in your 30's??_lol Are you kiddin me???

I have had 2 different woman ask me when do I plan to buy a house?? Or why am I not already in a house??

Ok everybody, I'm done, it's clear that I don't qualify for a relationship because women want you now in this SHAKY economy to have a HOUSE???

I mean Come on!
Dude you are 6ft 6 and growing!! What else could she want? Dam the torpedoes. Full speed ahead

Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,650,824 times
Quote:
Funnnnny! Not really, I don't mean you but in my case if I were to be asked questions that would be more like for her selfish reasons in which more scrutiny would occur later I would.
And like TVSG, you'd be guilty of making assumptions. If someone asks me why I haven't bought a house yet, I address that question and wait to see if and how she follows up. If my answer is satisfactory, then she won't dig deeper. If, on the other hand, she starts asking how much I spend on other things, what I make per month, how much I save, etc., then of course I won't take kindly to that. But until she starts digging deeper, you have no idea what her motives are for asking that initial question. Maybe she is a golddigger looking for a guy with money. Or maybe she's just curious why you continue to rent. Not every question has a hidden meaning or implies an agenda.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, not that time around. No translation? OK.
If questions to me by a female are to be asked for her selfish reasons = "NO GO" in my book.

And if she's going to scrutinize even more later for her selfish reasons = "NO GO" in my book.

I'm content with my friends and not ever seeking a relationship.

Make a little better sense to you now?

Seeeeeee IIIIIIII speaka annnnnnnd wriiiiiiiiita Ennnnnnnnnnglish.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
And like TVSG, you'd be guilty of making assumptions. If someone asks me why I haven't bought a house yet, I address that question and wait to see if and how she follows up. If my answer is satisfactory, then she won't dig deeper. If, on the other hand, she starts asking how much I spend on other things, what I make per month, how much I save, etc., then of course I won't take kindly to that. But until she starts digging deeper, you have no idea what her motives are for asking that initial question. Maybe she is a golddigger looking for a guy with money. Or maybe she's just curious why you continue to rent. Not every question has a hidden meaning or implies an agenda.
Agreed!

I guess that would depend on the questions following and her intentions doesn't it?

I gotta stop posting too fast as my posts aren't clear enough doing so - I apologize.

Trouble still is that if in Co-Habitation or Marriage all that possible fallout with odds against me that I've posted in many other threads still enters my picture which is never ever ignored. Sure, not all females are out to get a Man for his wealth to begin with, but has odds against me that she'll opt out.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
If questions to me by a female are to be asked for her selfish reasons = "NO GO" in my book.

And if she's going to scrutinize even more later for her selfish reasons = "NO GO" in my book.

I'm content with my friends and not ever seeking a relationship.

Make a little better sense to you now?

Seeeeeee IIIIIIII speaka annnnnnnd wriiiiiiiiita Ennnnnnnnnnglish.
Got it. I think.

If a female asks you questions which you determine are based solely upon her need to know whether you have anything of any monetary value which might benefit her, you're not interested.

If you don't make that determination right away, continue to see her and she persists in asking the same sort of questions, no go.

That said, you're not interested in a relationship with a woman anyway since you find the company of your friends more than sufficient.

Thanks so much for clarifying. I appreciate it.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Agreed!

I guess that would depend on the questions following and her intentions doesn't it?

I gotta stop posting too fast as my posts aren't clear enough doing so - I apologize.

Trouble still is that if in Co-Habitation or Marriage all that possible fallout with odds against me that I've posted in many other threads still enters my picture which is never ever ignored. Sure, not all females are out to get a Man for his wealth to begin with, but has odds against me that she'll opt out.
Are you related to TVSG? Just wondered, as you randomly capitalize the first letter of some words just as he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships