Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
10 to 15 years younger? I'm guessing she has to be hot also.

Based on what you have to offer, you seem kind of rigid and entitled to what you think a woman should bring to the table for you.
Yes they'd need to be attractive. I think most people here would agree there needs to be an attraction. Not asking much, and what's wrong with wanting a family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
BTW, plenty of 35ish + women still want to have kids.

Also- What is it that makes you think you can't have the same satisfaction in having a step kids as you could in having your own biological kids.
My own kids means my own flesh and blood. It is a huge deal for me actually.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes they'd need to be attractive. I think most people here would agree there needs to be an attraction. Not asking much, and what's wrong with wanting a family?
Nothing is wrong with needing attraction. However, if you are not that attractive yourself, you need to bring a lot more to the table if you want a more attractive partner.

Also, nothing wrong with wanting a family, but when you combine it with your need to have a much younger woman who is attractive with what you have to offer in terms of attractiveness, personality, and career, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. That disappointment seems to bear out in your posts.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Combine that with all the other things and it seems as if you are being unrealistic. If I were you, I'd look at myself and not blame the women.

BTW, I doubt most people who marry with a close to 20 year age gap will still be on the same page 20 years later. I'd say it's almost as tough with a 15 year age gap also.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:23 PM

You can probably go to medical school, graduate, get a specialty and establish a practice, and maybe then attract a much younger woman who wants to have kids with you at what will be a somewhat advanced age for you. Just don't expect her to still be happy with you 15 or 20 years down the line.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with needing attraction. However, if you are not that attractive yourself, you need to bring a lot more to the table if you want a more attractive partner.

Also, nothing wrong with wanting a family, but when you combine it with your need to have a much younger woman who is attractive with what you have to offer in terms of attractiveness, personality, and career, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. That disappointment seems to bear out in your posts.
I really don't think I'm unattractive. I have a fine personality. If all goes as planned, I will have a good career.

And I wouldn't say I "need" a lady 10 to 15 years younger. Just that is in the range of women I'm interested in that have a higher probability of what I'm looking for.

And yes I'm sure there's plenty of disappointment to go around. At the end of the day though, I'm happier being alone than with someone I really don't want to be with.

Sometimes we just need to count our blessings of being single.. For some situations, it can be much worse.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I think that attitude right there is going to repel a lot of women who don't even have kids yet. I think childless women who might consider you as a potential partner would disqualify you after learning of this.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I think that attitude right there is going to repel a lot of women who don't even have kids yet.
A lot of guys want their own children. If that repels particular women so be it.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I really don't think I'm unattractive. I have a fine personality. If all goes as planned, I will have a good career.

And I wouldn't say I "need" a lady 10 to 15 years younger. Just that is in the range of women I'm interested in that have a higher probability of what I'm looking for.

And yes I'm sure there's plenty of disappointment to go around. At the end of the day though, I'm happier being alone than with someone I really don't want to be with.

Sometimes we just need to count our blessings of being single.. For some situations, it can be much worse.
You had some pictures posted her in the past I believe. I think most women would find you in the average range.

You will just be starting your "good" career at 40 something, probably with a lot of debt from school. I don't know how many doctors who finished up their training as over 40 year-olds, but I think you will find it's a lot harder to get that successful career going than you think. I've known a couple of guys who finished up at 40+ who really struggled.

I think if your posts her are reflective of your views in real life, you don't exactly come across as someone with a bubbly personality.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Combine that with all the other things and it seems as if you are being unrealistic. If I were you, I'd look at myself and not blame the women.

BTW, I doubt most people who marry with a close to 20 year age gap will still be on the same page 20 years later. I'd say it's almost as tough with a 15 year age gap also.
Who's blaming women? You just added that in there.

Agreed with the last paragraph, but it doesn't mean not to pursue something fun for a while.

In the end, everything ends anyways. Might as well enjoy it while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships