Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 PM

479 posts, read 431,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
... Me a fool? think not and I bet her "soonto be broken hearted ex" would say the same.
"Fool" isn't the word that comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 11:40 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
The guy is YOUNG....still capable of having kids and all that...Whats the problem ....oh....you just don't like him? My dad was 18 years older than my mother - they had five kids and it all worked out. The woman I had four children with was 10 years younger than me.....currently I am with a woman who is 20 years younger.....I am 66...and she loves me...we do not have a problem regarding age....if we even have 10 years together we consider it a blessing....she is the sweetest...smartest and most attractive sexy woman I have ever known....I sure would like to be a young guy of 44.....We would have a great long life together...

I am proud of walking down the street with her...we hold hands and embrace and kiss no matter where we are...we wake up kissing....SHE is proud of being with me cause she considers me smart....strong - and talented. She also thinks I am handsome....which I am...
Heartwarming!!!

Of course she just posted in a forum how sad she is.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:01 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Having a significantly younger wife is GREAT for a man, no question. But being married to a significantly older man, long term, has very limited advantages for a woman, IMO.
Definitely. Unfortunately the majority of women will have to play caretaker for large age gap relationships. It can be extremely exhausting and mentally draining. If one doesn't think so please visit the Caregiving section and read some of those threads. I can imagine the emotional toll it takes for a female to be a caretaker to her parents and husband. Of course most people think they will die in their sleep or never age and be able to keep up with a much younger spouse for the rest of their life.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:14 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I think that attitude right there is going to repel a lot of women who don't even have kids yet. I think childless women who might consider you as a potential partner would disqualify you after learning of this.
In defence of the poster, there are a lot of threads on CD about people who don't want to marry or have a serious relationship with another person who has kids. I don't think there's anything wrong with his view on this subject and there's quite a few female posters who feel the same way with dating a man with kids.

Of course the older a person gets they forgo this 'dealbreaker' because the majority of people they meet are either divorced or with kids.

Most of the time when a person dates someone with kids he/she will always be second to the kid(s) and that's totally understandable. Some just don't want to be second and there is nothing selfish with this mentality.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:24 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
This guy is not doing what he needs to do in the bedroom.

If he was "knocking the bottom out of that cooch" she wouldn't be complaining about his age at all.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:36 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
This area currently is hiring a number of Physicians. One ER, one primary, one Dentist, 2 PAs to be precise. Yes there is debt, but any grad school has debt. Physicians have more earning potential than many of these graduate degrees are providing nowadays. There are plenty of post-grads that are stuggling even in their mid to late twenties. No one has told me the Med school route will not pay off financially.

No not amazing looking, but I take care of myself, have a full set of hair and look to for a while. routinely exercise and even body build. As for personality, I'm running an open mic night tomorrow night. I have a social, outgoing side to things.

Either way, at this point in life, I may not meet the person that I've always wanted. That's ok ultimately.

I'd rather be alone than in a situation with someone I don't really want to be with.

I know many women in their early 30's who are unmarried and want children. One of my best friends just had her first child at 38. She's pregnant again at 39. She's married, but got married the first time at 37.

Many women these days are waiting to get married well into their 30's. Many women get pregnant the first time between 30-40. Heck, you might meet one in medical school.

I didn't read the rest of your thoughts on medical school, but I personally am not going to medical school at 27 as a woman (I'm going into nursing instead) because I don't want the limitations it would place on my future family life. My husband is a PA, and did consider a few years back the medical school route. Now with a few more years under his belt he doesn't regret it at all, but it would definitely create a list of hardships I just do not want to deal with. I'm not saying you can't find a woman because of this, but it may be more because of the hardships medical school place on you, especially in your 30's (you won't be a practicing doc until well into your 40's I assume?) that limit you moreso than the age of a woman limits you.

I'm rambling because I haven't had my coffee. With that being said, I don't think it's so much your age as it is your career choice/change at this point. You won't be an "old" doc by any means (my husband works with new docs who are even late 50's!), but you must know the toll it can take on a family in the early years (regardless of how old your wife would be).

Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I know many women in their early 30's who are unmarried and want children. One of my best friends just had her first child at 38. She's pregnant again at 39. She's married, but got married the first time at 37.

Many women these days are waiting to get married well into their 30's. Many women get pregnant the first time between 30-40. Heck, you might meet one in medical school.
Yes, this appears to be the norm for professional, well educated women. Especially in larger, more progressive, cities. I know a total of one person that was married before 30 among my friends at the time (later on I've met some people that became friends who had married in their 20s (but I didn't know them at the time), mostly from the midwest/south, and they all regretted marrying as kids).

Old 09-15-2016, 07:47 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I don't think it is the wanting your own children that is the turnoff. I think it is the fact that you wouldn't consider being a dad to someone else's children also.
Plenty of men don't want to be other kid's fathers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Plenty of men don't want to be other kid's fathers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Maybe not. Just don't be surprised when it turns a lot of women off to hear that.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:45 AM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Done the 25 year age gap thing myself as well as a couple 20 year age gaps. I can't think the guy will be shocked when she tells him shes done. I went into my relationships with much younger women knowing they were limited time offers.

I had a year long relationship with a great girl whi wanted to move in, but i knew in the long run how it would turn out. She was brokenhearted and did not take it well, but she ended up with a fuy closer her own age. She says she is not happy and i am sure if i asked her to move in with me she would, but it wouldn't be fair to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships