Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 09:26 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
What was it that made you propose to your wife and want to marry her instead of the other women?

There was another woman?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 04:23 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There was a spiritual connection that we had, and words are just too weak to accurately describe it. Sure there were the normal things that most men find to be great traits of someone they would want to marry like - being a great mom, honest, we share similar values (and I dont mean religious values), and I can go on and on and on. The fact that she was physically EXACTLY what Im attracted to didnt hurt either. But there really is a deep deep spiritual connection that we share that is unlike anything Ive ever experienced with anyone before. But that alone, isnt the reason what I choose her. There are sooooo many more that I just cant put into writing here. One being is that she really is waaaaaaaaay out of my league (if there is such a thing).

Now my first wife, I chose her because 1) she was smoking smoking smoking smoking HOT!!! 2) We had sooo much fun together. 3) She was one of the most positive, bubbly people Id ever met even though she was a spoiled brat. 4) Sex was great. 5) I though she and her family were quite interesting as they had VERY close ties to the King of her country (Thailand) so her family were very influential. Needless to say that this didnt work. Ten years age difference is fine when Im 20 and she's 30 but it doesnt stay fine for long. Plus, she wanted to go back and live there and have maids and servants and stuff and I absolutely did not. Hence, the divorce.
That's the same thing my fiance said and is the primary reason why he's making me his wife.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:27 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
There was another woman?
I don't think you understood the question. The question is to ask men why did they choose to marry their wife out of the other women they've had in their lives. Most men wives are not the only woman they've ever dated.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,768 times
I picked my wife because I thought she would be a good "foxhole buddy". In the army, you always had a foxhole buddy. You lived in close proximity and in combat, your life would depend on each other. When I dated I wanted to find a good foxhole buddy to go thru life with. I found one.

Kind, strong - especailly in some areas where I am weak, quietly courageous, warm heart. A great partner for life.

Oh, and she's hot too.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:23 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
That's the same thing my fiance said and is the primary reason why he's making me his wife.
So give us an update! Did you ever get married?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,600 times
Men don't choose women. Women choose men...and the men follow them right to the alter.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Men don't choose women. Women choose men...and the men follow them right to the alter.
hmmmm....you've apparently never met a man like my husband

Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,944,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Not at all the case in my marriage! I was scared and unsure and tried to call things off several times along the course of our dating. My husband was the rock who held me firm and led me to the alter. And I'm so, so grateful he did

Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 AM

541 posts, read 1,144,987 times
Straight from the horses mouth, cause you were the cutest, bubbliest, sweetest thing out there and you did my taxes!

When we first met he had all his receipts/tax stuff in a suitcase. I filed his back taxes(got him $ back from some stock trades gone bad.) 17 years later I no longer do our taxes but I am still kind and have very positive attitude.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:59 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
all the "usual" reasons aside it came down to her thoughtlessness and ability to know when emotion needed to be taken out of the equation in order to come to a general consensus on an issue.
it was something that small ended up making her the closest to perfect i have ever found.

we have zero issues in our marriage thanks to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships