Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you sleep with Susan Boyle for 2K?
I'm male and no! 33 80.49%
I'm male and yes! 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I wasn't going to post....said I wasn't going to....but my hands seem to have a life of their own. It takes my breath away that so many people can pop off with such horrible mean things, especially about someone they don't know. That people can be so cruel about a person, solely based on her less-than-model appearance. The woman, aside from her less than perfect exterior, is probably one of the most beautiful people we could ever be blessed to meet. She was born with the voice of an angel and yet carries no shroud of arrogance because of it. From what I've heard, once you get past her terrible shyness, she's also a very kind-hearted, sweet person as well. Can we all say the same?.....Especially those of us with pretty exteriors? What's inside? Beauty really IS only skin deep, you know.
I completely agree. What an utterly tasteless question/thread. No wonder some people who are mentally fragile ( as SB is) end up with huge problems and a sense of worthlessness . To judge a human being purely on physical attributes is really quite pathetic and churlish as well as childish.

Who knows who will be "ugly" tomorrow ? One car accident, one house fire ,one terrible illness and all of a sudden your pretty looks are gone. Better kill yourself then because who could possibly love you then...

What do I know? Obviously we should be culling all people less than physically perfect , maybe we could hunt them down for sport ?
Because obviously their lives are simply worthless to many.

I cannot believe how obsessed some people are with looks. If only our society put a little more value on talent, intellect, courage,kindness and usefulness rather than vapid, vaccuous brain-dead plastic celebrities we would be in the bloody mess we are in as a Planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
i understand what you guys mean, but it is only a little fun.

all humour has a victim, and attractiveness is subjective.

FWIW, i wouldn't do it, but she only lives 10 miles from me, apparently she is a really nice person, i've never met her, but jungle drums beat loud around here !!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
I have a pretty good imagination but I don't think I could conjure up a hot enough fantasy to get "Mr. Happy" to cooperate with me if I took this challenge.

I'm sure Ms. Boyle is a sweet lady and has a very nice voice but ewwwwwwwwww.......

Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Oh give me a break!!! Some of you women who seem to be so upset and offended in this thread need to grow up. I bet if we take a look at some of your past postings, you said things that are truly mean about the likes of Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton, Lady Gaga, etc. Why so upset with this fun thread about this Susan woman? Is it because you are very much like her and not at all like Kardashian, Jolie, et al.?

Why are you so upset that no one wants to sleep with this hideous looking woman that you have never met? I mean seriously?!?! She may be a nice lady, but Ive seen skid/wipe marks on toilet paper after doing #2 that looks better than she does. This is another perfect example of hipocritical remarks from women defending those who are just like them (Susan Boyle), and bad mouthing those who are not (Angelina Jolie/Kardashian) all due to jealousy.

Oh and no one is judging her as a human being solely on her looks. She's probably and sweet and wonderful lady. This thread, the topic has to do with her physical looks and NOT her as a person. Its easy for me and others to understand this, but painfully difficult for some of you to differentiate this.

Here endeth the bashing of this thread.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 12-04-2009 at 09:30 AM..

Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Actually, THIS poster has never posted anything of the sort. In fact, it is unfortunate that there are people out there who would actually write some of the things that have been written here, as it reveals sooooo much about their true character/their state of mind. Oh...and THIS poster? She was one of the beautiful ones.....the tall, long-legged blondes with the perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect teeth, athletic, gifted in many areas. THIS poster, when single, was a frickin magnet for shallow "pretty" men. It didn't take long, in my relationships, for these pretty guys to reveal their hearts, their true selves. What's more attractive, eh...than being on a date with Mr. Gorgeous/well off guy and having him looking at less attractive women, making mean comments about how ugly they are, how fat they are,etc. Yeah....real attractive. Needless to say, those types were dropped like a hot potato. The man who won my heart and has kept if for close to 30 years, is the man who never once...EVER made remarks like that. He is a man who accepts people for who they are.....UNLESS they are the horrible people who are judging people for their appearances. To me...that's a real man... a beautiful man. Oh....and nope, he's not one of the ugly ones either. He was a high-school football star who was extremely physically attractive! The beautiful thing about men like him....is that when you find one, you know that he loves you for you...the you he met and the you you might become after the babies are born. Yep....I'm not as thin as I used to be, but he still thinks I'm sexy! LOL

Old 12-04-2009, 09:48 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Again, for those of you who think we are judging her as a person based on her looks YOU ARE WRONG!!

If we were to look at her entire "body of work" (her sweetness, niceness, volunteer work, etc.) Im pretty sure it would be overwhelming result is that she is a wonderful person who most of us would love to call neighbor or friend or even have her babysit our children. But this thread is simply "would you have sex with her?" which is far far far far far far far from judging her as a person, but most of us with an education know that already.

I hope this clears up any confusion some of you may have had. Susan Boyle - seems like a lovely, sweet, angel of a person. But there is no way in the world no matter what, that I would want to have sex with her. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
This has to be the meanest, cruelest, most disgusting "thread" I've ever seen. I guess all you guys are real prizes, huh? How shallow, how ignorant. I don't give a dam what any of you post in response to this - you're the lowest bunch of insensitive dirtbags ever.
Susan Boyle is an angel. She's magnificent....and she's FAR, FAR too good for any of you.
How better off this world would be without you. It's people like YOU that infest this society with your thoughtless hate. Your own lack of heart and intelligence deters the rest of us from living our lives in a loving world.
Aaaa..you guys have no idea what I'm talking about. Duhhhhh.
It's all about sex in your puny little shriveled up brains.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 AM

417 posts, read 982,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
And that's unfair on Susan, who's very much a private citizen and is no self-parading socialite.

I bet it's safe and fair to leave her alone , people like her abound on the planet and they pretty much live in self-respect and don't really need a shag certificate or a stamp.

Sorry, Dave

I'd have to say I pretty much agree here. I'm saddened that are are so many mean spirited people. Walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

I would hope that there were many "men" that would sleep with her for nothing because she has a good heart and kind heart.

Sorry to be such a wet blanket. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and Properous New Year.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh give me a break!!! Some of you women who seem to be so upset and offended in this thread need to grow up. I bet if we take a look at some of your past postings, you said things that are truly mean about the likes of Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton, Lady Gaga, etc. Why so upset with this fun thread about this Susan woman? Is it because you are very much like her and not at all like Kardashian, Jolie, et al.?

Why are you so upset that no one wants to sleep with this hideous looking woman that you have never met? I mean seriously?!?! She may be a nice lady, but Ive seen skid/wipe marks on toilet paper after doing #2 that looks better than she does. This is another perfect example of hipocritical remarks from women defending those who are just like them (Susan Boyle), and bad mouthing those who are not (Angelina Jolie/Kardashian) all due to jealousy.

Oh and no one is judging her as a human being solely on her looks. She's probably and sweet and wonderful lady. This thread, the topic has to do with her physical looks and NOT her as a person. Its easy for me and others to understand this, but painfully difficult for some of you to differentiate this.

Here endeth the bashing of this thread.

SO I guess you think only ugly women can find a thread like this utterly tasteless... I guess all beautiful people are insensitive morally bereft creatures according to you then. You don't think much of beautiful people then ?

You have no idea what I look like and though I may not be Angelina Jolie I used to model as a teenager/young woman and never had any problems with finding a man thank you very much for the concern though.

I went through 10 years of Leukaemia and because of prolonged use of steroids as medication gained a few pounds... I can't say I like it much and would much prefer to be thin , but you know what ? I have a husband who loves me as much now as he did 21 years ago when I met him . Someone who loves me not only for my looks but also for my character.

I had some not so beautiful boyfriends in my younger beautiful days and it never even occured to me to reject someone because their looks weren't exactly going to make "Tatler" cover of the month.

When I was modelling I saw young beautiful women destroyed by facile comments about their looks. Women who abused their bodies to comform to a certain physique. Women destroyed by mental cruelty and bullying , constant pressure to look perfect. The rejection of not being good enough because some superficial cretin thought making comments was funny and clever. Women are being objectified and giving their consent to abuse because our society is so incredibly vapid.

So excuse me for thinking that bullying is bad. Bullying kills people. It destroys their self-esteem and their soul. And hurling vile insults at someone for something which is not their fault is bullying. Your words affect people.
Being nasty towards someone for something they cannot help is beyond stupid. It is also beyond nasty.

Churlishness is not big , is not clever and is certainly not beautiful. I would rather sleep with someone you consider "ugly" than with some of the offensive, thoughtless and shallow creatures on this thread. I don't think there would be enough money in the world to induce me to sleep with someone so vile.

Like everyone else I appreciate beauty whether male, female , music, the visual arts etc... I have no problem with beautiful people. Only shallow, vapid intellectually retarded beautiful people with the moral back bone and talent of comatose gnats.

It is you who needs to grow up.

Susan Boyle may not be your idea of a great beauty but there is no reason to treat her or anyone else this way. She is a human being with feelings and with learning difficulties at that. Treating her like a piece of garbage to mocked and derided is PATHETIC. The kind of thing a petulant toddler does not a grown up human being.

Emotionally fragile people are brittle. They can't help it and though I am sure you could not care less about pushing someone over the edge into an abyss of suicidal feelings I see nothing to be so flippant about.

"Would you sleep with ... someone ugly for money , Ha, Ha" ... So , so clever and so very mature.

So this "ugly" broad bids you good-night. I still get quite a lot of offers so maybe not everyone shares your assessment...

Old 12-04-2009, 10:16 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
What a hateful person you are!
lol...Im not hateful...I dont think. I already know Im out of line in this thread. But then again, thats what this thread is about. If she doesnt know how to laugh at herself from time to time then she doesnt have as good of a personality as I initially thought. Everyone has been the butt of jokes, or at least I have, and I lived through it. It wont kill her. The general consensus in society is that nearly ALL men are ugly, with women holding the title for being beautiful.

Well, thats true, but just as there are a couple of exceptions to the notion that all men are ugly, there are a couple exceptions to the rule of all women being beautiful, and she's one of em.

Like I said before, I dont even hold her natural looks against her..they arent unsalvageable, but she looks like she puts no effort into looking attractive. So that is how society judges her.

News outlets and Entertainment shows (many of which are anchored by women) were the FIRST to bring up her gruesome appearance. S. Boyle already said that she knows she's not too hot and she isnt concerned about it. It seems to me that if she's not concerned about it, she wont be concerned about people who choose to speak about it. I could be wrong however. She may check this thread, stop touring and doing album signings, and maybe even explode. I doubt it but we'll see.

Anywho, Im surprised this thread is being taken so seriously. Ill tell you this much, if she cant laugh at herself she should try and socialize more imo. I remember my teammates used to just sit around making fun of one another just for fun...It was a game they played. Everyone laughed for a while and then went their separate ways. If she saw us, Im sure she wouldnt think we were all attractive.. big whoop, I'd deal with it like I'd deal with every other woman who hasnt found me attractive -- Keep it moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships