Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,433,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
No but if he likes her, he shouldn't just give up. Everyone has baggage of some kind.
Not everyone has baggage that fundamentally hinders the relationship from even getting off the ground. Waiting for a girl who thinks all men are jerks to magically become dating material is like trying to get Rain Man on a plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,588,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Not everyone has baggage that fundamentally hinders the relationship from even getting off the ground. Waiting for a girl who thinks all men are jerks to magically become dating material is like trying to get Rain Man on a plane.
I don't know her so I couldn't say

Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,429,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Well, I've got a bit attached to a woman lately, and want her to like me beyond being a friend. But these points are the stumbling blocks:

- She recently was dating a geologist, who at first seemed nice, but turned out to be a dick to her. he was not physically abusive, but would speak down to her and treat her like a trophy.

- She seems turned off at dating for now, but she always seems to attract dicks. Why she does, I think only God knows. I don't treat women like ****, and I want to see not all guys are jerks.

She may seem a bit off dating now, but would I have much hope here?

Everybody is different, but from a woman's perspective, would you be willing to give a guy a chance, even if past experience made things sour?
Hi samston,

She likes jerks. They are sexy and confident. She just can't have a relationship with them just like every other woman that tries. Sometimes they learn right away while others wait until they have children with 3 different jerks.

My solution? Be as confident as a jerk. Don't take crap like a jerk; this one will test you. Then add the bit of decency that she has been missing.

She may not be worth the trouble.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,196,939 times
You should stay the heck away. If she has such a view on guys and if she has the "all guys are dogs" mentality then she isn't worth your time. It isn't your fault that she got done over by all those other guys, so why should you pay for it?

Find another girl who doesn't have this messed up view about men and who will appreciate you and respect you. She needs to work on her horrible self-esteem.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:06 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,196,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Agree. I certainly wouldn't wait around. The women who actually have that mentality and who think all men are jerks are not even worthy of being called women. They are little insecure girls. They got done over by some stupid guys, so she should work on herself and her taste in men. Why should a poor lad suffer because of her stupid view on men?

Call it a day, cut your losses and move on to a real woman who will appreciate you and respect you.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 PM

51 posts, read 88,217 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zPVm1JUDA

Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,520,201 times
Quote:
How do you convince a woman that not ALL guys are jerks?
a) by example;

b) but don't wait around for her to figure it out. It is not your problem.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,041,222 times
Quote:
Well, I've got a bit attached to a woman lately, and want her to like me beyond being a friend. But these points are the stumbling blocks:

- She recently was dating a geologist, who at first seemed nice, but turned out to be a dick to her. he was not physically abusive, but would speak down to her and treat her like a trophy.

- She seems turned off at dating for now, but she always seems to attract dicks. Why she does, I think only God knows. I don't treat women like ****, and I want to see not all guys are jerks.

She may seem a bit off dating now, but would I have much hope here?

Everybody is different, but from a woman's perspective, would you be willing to give a guy a chance, even if past experience made things sour?
Well, somehow here your new lady friend has been turned in to a man-hating, jerk-lover with major issues who is not worthy of your time.

But, according to your post, she might just be off dating for the moment - which I think can be expected after a bad relationship. As a female, I have had this experience, and I eventually came back around and tried again.

The best thing to do is to respect her boundaries. Don't push her, don't be just another jerk. Let her work her issues out. Be patient and if she's really into you, it will happen. If not - no harm, no foul.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,854,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
You should stay the heck away. If she has such a view on guys and if she has the "all guys are dogs" mentality then she isn't worth your time. It isn't your fault that she got done over by all those other guys, so why should you pay for it?

Find another girl who doesn't have this messed up view about men and who will appreciate you and respect you. She needs to work on her horrible self-esteem.
I think that too. Either all men she dates are jerks, or she decides they are.

It could even be a way to manipulate the next man, make him bend over backwards and jump through hoops proving he's different until he tires of the game and then she can decide he too is a jerk, dump him and move onto the next soon-to-be-made jerk.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,245,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Nice to have fans. lol!
Trust me, I'm not a fan of sex/gender bashers. Your posts reflect someone who is arrested. At most, that might result in surfacing compassion from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships