Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,406,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Perhaps we're not that wonderful. Just a thought.

Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

As far as the holiday, yeah being single sucks then, I went through a self pitty "I'll never find the woman of my dreams" tatrum of depression Sunday, but eh it went away and I feel better now. Honestly my criteria has alot to do with hers looks and body besides everything else so I reap what I sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 01:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
The new and improved long distant relationship is amazing.

They can talk all the time via teleconferences. They can use electronic toys in place of real "fore-play". What more could a human being want? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Nala, you seem like a nice person. I wish I could set you up with my brother! He seems to get hung up on losers and I don't know why. He truly is a wonderful person with a lot to offer the right gal. But, he's in CA.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
Leave Nala alone. The world is a bitter and cold place. It isn't suitable for caring and sensitive people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Hmmm, 3166 posts in five months... that's an average of 21 posts a day... do you have an explanation for that?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,055,119 times
Hey- I had a talk with my brother and finally got through to him. It turns out I have nothing to worry about. He isn't interested in that gal who's trying to rope him into marriage. In fact - he doesn't even want to go out with her but is afraid of hurting her feelings! So, like a good big sister ... I am in rescue mode!

Old 12-28-2009, 06:00 PM

966 posts, read 2,447,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I know two people who wonder this about themselves. I love them dearly, but they are boring, rigid people...who make little effort with their physical appearance. But they don't see that.

There is another person I know who is really a neat, sweet, smart, kind, cute person. I think her problem is availability of suitable partners in her area. It's a shame. What a waste.
Being more available is definitely something I am working on in my own life. I love my work--both my paid work and my artistic work--so much that at times I feel that my life would be a big gaping hole of nothingness if I made more time for socializing. I know that's not real. I was recently asked out by a new "friend" (with romantic potential). Something to think about.

Rigid and boring. Nah... lol (If you only knew.)

Old 12-28-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Leave Nala alone. The world is a bitter and cold place. It isn't suitable for caring and sensitive people.
Danbo wasn't talking about me, artsyguy. As for the rest (insert NYC raspberry.)

Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

As far as the holiday, yeah being single sucks then, I went through a self pitty "I'll never find the woman of my dreams" tatrum of depression Sunday, but eh it went away and I feel better now. Honestly my criteria has alot to do with hers looks and body besides everything else so I reap what I sow.
Great. Mine went away too, thank goodness. But some people (you know who you are) just will not let me move on. Darn these threads, sometimes. They just go on and on and on and on, even when the problems have been resolved. Jeez.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I hear you. I know I'm not absolutely "normal", I don't know many who are. But I see people with far more issues, quirks, bad habits etc. that have mates who apparently love them. Why not me? Don't know for sure. But I suspect part of it is that I feel reluctant somehow to foist my flaws, even though not all that big, on someone else. I guess that would add up to a self-esteem issue don't know. But even then, surely there are those out there will self-esteem issues who are happily mated....so back where I started, why not me?
For you perhaps, just the realization you want a mate may change things for you?
Well, at least I am "dating" again, and learning again to live in the moment. It looks like the availability thing is the issue. Seems as though all I have to do is let certain people know that I am available and that I am interested. Go figure.

Thanks for your post.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Being more available is definitely something I am working on in my own life. I love my work--both my paid work and my artistic work--so much that at times I feel that my life would be a big gaping hole of nothingness if I made more time for socializing. I know that's not real. I was recently asked out by a new "friend" (with romantic potential). Something to think about.

Rigid and boring. Nah... lol (If you only knew.)
Yeah, the second cool friend I told you about also does not have realistic ideas of availability and has already pigeon-holed herself in terms of moving, pets, etc.
I'm like, "Yeah...you're so awash with great offers that you can afford to become isolationist and inflexible about your location, etc."

I'll tell you what. My wife had just bought a house and we lived in different cities. She sold it and moved here asap. Saw what she wanted and went with it.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, the second cool friend I told you about also does not have realistic ideas of availability and has already pigeon-holed herself in terms of moving, pets, etc.
I'm like, "Yeah...you're so awash with great offers that you can afford to become isolationist and inflexible about your location, etc."

I'll tell you what. My wife had just bought a house and we lived in different cities. She sold it and moved here asap. Saw what she wanted and went with it.
Dude, I said I was working on it. I moved all the way from NYC back to Madison, WI in August to change my life and my errant ways. I am downshifting. No need to further rub it in. I get it. I have to make time for the people and potential people in my life. I also have to let them know, apparently. People still seem to assume that my schedule is all locked up. Anyone who knows me knows that even though I am not the kind of person to sit around waiting for life to happen, I am just one phone call or email message away, and my weekends are free. It's the new people (or people who have been hurt a lot) who seem to think they have no chance with me. As for the creation of a viable romantic and social life, so far, so good. Be cool. It's a process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships