Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
When my husband and I married, our vows said something about "forsaking all others" and "in sickness and in health" and "for better or for worse". There was not a thing in there about "give it up whenever I demand it or I'll bring home some random ho and do her in the martial bed."
"forsaking all others" not your husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
CESpeed does that mean when a man has erectile dysfunction and blames his wife for it although it isn't her fault that he is really begging her to go elsewhere? I have seen this scenario!

Let me clarify...In counseling sessions I have observed situations where a man having E.D. became hostile and accused the wife of obviously thinking about cheating and other men (which was not true) On the outside looking in..it seemed he wanted her to cheat so he could have a pity party and say see...I told ya so..you are the bad one!
ED is a physical problem that makes sex impossible. If she had a medical condition, then no sex is perfectly understandable. But she is voluntarily withholding sex. She is capable, just not interested.

There is a significant difference.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
ED is a physical problem that makes sex impossible. If she had a medical condition, then no sex is perfectly understandable. But she is voluntarily withholding sex. She is capable, just not interested.

There is a significant difference.
ED is curable too with medical interventiin but i am telling you that alot of the time the ego gets a boost too and the man chooses to strut like a peacock in someone else's yard!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 AM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
gwynedd1 some of your comments make alot of sense then some are like you are on another planet. Justnot following some of your posts at all, like the one above...
Hi goodgal,

It seems, by my experience, women tend to live more of a pragmatic day to day existence whereas men tend to be more investment minded. Very often my wife will not quite understand what good a half done project is or why I am spending time away from something else. Since all I had was a bag full of gnarled apples, she did not get it. Of course since I know apples top the list for dirty fruit and have a myriad of pesticides, I tend to make jellies, sauces and fruit leathers from wild clean varieties as much as I can. That way my 3 year old son along with the rest of us will have a better chance at avoiding yet another toxin. She has wondered why I sometimes stay up late reading and discovering such things as well.

I am also not the kind of guy who just says things.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggler View Post
First - I want to note that you sound pretty upset about this.

Second - if he was depressed then he should have gotten help from a medical professional, just like the wife.
Again - this marital situation seems to have a lot of issues... most of them seeming to stem from communication (or lack thereof). And again - for me - there is no excuse for him to go outside of the marriage. No argument that anyone will make here will sway my opinion on that.
Hi snuggler,

Again assuming 2 years of very rare intimacy(not going off OP), if she does not respond with anything other than "I am tired" then this is no marriage. If he was beating her and snorting coke on the coffee table, then she needs to say, its because you beat me and are doing dope. If he did what she asked and nothing changed until he started crying like a baby, I would have nothing but complete hatred for a women who responds to pathetic groveling. There would be no man left. Every act henceforth would have no concept of "wife" but rather hatred for the woman who humiliated me and turned me into this. I would never want to see her again making the ho irrelevant. I would never let it get to this in the first place.

That is where some people don't seem to identify. Perhaps I am too acquainted with operand conditioning and that my association with intimacy is linked with feeling like a slave. If for some reason I had not ended it, that would have ended it in spades.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 PM

161 posts, read 341,877 times
Perhaps all she wanted from the marriage was a child?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
When my husband and I married, our vows said something about "forsaking all others" and "in sickness and in health" and "for better or for worse". There was not a thing in there about "give it up whenever I demand it or I'll bring home some random ho and do her in the martial bed."
Hi tilli,

Once again will someone please provide the source document that transitions us from the traditional Christian fidelity for sexual fulfillment marriage model to the current fidelity and right to sexual denial? That is all I ask. When did it occur and where is the supporting reference. I provided mine. Where are all of yours?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:12 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi tilli,

Once again will someone please provide the source document that transitions us from the traditional Christian fidelity for sexual fulfillment marriage model to the current fidelity and right to sexual denial? That is all I ask. When did it occur and where is the supporting reference. I provided mine. Where are all of yours?
It boils down to you scratch my back and I will scratch yours...is that good enough?

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Hi snuggler,

Again assuming 2 years of very rare intimacy(not going off OP), if she does not respond with anything other than "I am tired" then this is no marriage. If he was beating her and snorting coke on the coffee table, then she needs to say, its because you beat me and are doing dope. If he did what she asked and nothing changed until he started crying like a baby, I would have nothing but complete hatred for a women who responds to pathetic groveling. There would be no man left. Every act henceforth would have no concept of "wife" but rather hatred for the woman who humiliated me and turned me into this. I would never want to see her again making the ho irrelevant. I would never let it get to this in the first place.

That is where some people don't seem to identify. Perhaps I am too acquainted with operand conditioning and that my association with intimacy is linked with feeling like a slave. If for some reason I had not ended it, that would have ended it in spades.
Wow, gwyn. This is pretty odd to read. As I've mentioned in the past, the net really shows lives and ways of being that are so foreign to me.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Hi tilli,

In an attempt to answer this, I turned to the dh. I just asked my husband, rather I read him your post, and he said "I don't know what that means. It sounds like gibberish" lol. So, I translated a bit. I also told him, IIRC and summarized here, that Christian doctrine says married couples own eachothers bodies or at least womens bodies and women must offer it up in marriage. He reaches over and attempts to flick my ear. I move out of the way. He reaches again. I ask, "what are you doing?" He says, "I own that ear, let me flick it" lol. Then he leaves the room. Eh, no help from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships