Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,688 times

Advertisements

Maybe the problem with your sex life stems from the fact that you sleep in a separate room from your wife due to your snoring? From one of your previous threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
My wife and I have started sleeping in separate rooms since I have started waking up with a start at 4:30 AM and snoring. It is just not practical for both of us to sleep together if we are going to cause the other insomnia.

Though when friends and relatives find out we are sleeping apart we get lots of grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,846 times
Back in the day, if you talk to alot of "old school grandmas", they say that they would "knock boots" with their husbands atleast once or twice a day. MY grandma would tell my aunts, "give it to your husband as many times as he wants and whenever he wants, so he wont have the urge to try to get it somewhere else!" Dont you think its a coincidence, that marriages lasted longer then, that their wasnt as much cheating as now. Bottom line, cheating on a guys part 90% of the time takes place because their not getting any at home! Sex is very important to males. It is physical for the most part, but its also somewhat emotional, because when our wifes make love to us on a frequent basis, we feel wanted, desirable, handsome, attractive, so if you want to have a happy marriage, ladys give it up!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Back in the day, if you talk to alot of "old school grandmas", they say that they would "knock boots" with their husbands atleast once or twice a day. MY grandma would tell my aunts, "give it to your husband as many times as he wants and whenever he wants, so he wont have the urge to try to get it somewhere else!" Dont you think its a coincidence, that marriages lasted longer then, that their wasnt as much cheating as now. Bottom line, cheating on a guys part 90% of the time takes place because their not getting any at home! Sex is very important to males. It is physical for the most part, but its also somewhat emotional, because when our wifes make love to us on a frequent basis, we feel wanted, desirable, handsome, attractive, so if you want to have a happy marriage, ladys give it up!
at the heart of the mexican marriage is respect for the man.
even when it is not merited. it goes from that respect by the woman to the children. sex is an obligation of marriage. its like eating-- its not 2 times a week. i didnt say the food and the sex were great-- im saying it was an obligation. he has got them too. mexican marriage failure is a fraction of ours. if i could make one statement bout the american household, it would be the numbing lack of respect in the house.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Maybe the problem with your sex life stems from the fact that you sleep in a separate room from your wife due to your snoring? From one of your previous threads:
BIG round of applause - Kudos for your observation and post!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
at the heart of the mexican marriage is respect for the man.
even when it is not merited. it goes from that respect by the woman to the children. sex is an obligation of marriage. its like eating-- its not 2 times a week. i didnt say the food and the sex were great-- im saying it was an obligation. he has got them too. mexican marriage failure is a fraction of ours. if i could make one statement bout the american household, it would be the numbing lack of respect in the house.
This is a HUGE part of why marriage in this country is a freaking JOKE for the most part. It is not only in Mexican culture where sex is an obligation of marriage. In Islam, the wife is supposed to give it up unless she is not feeling well or sick, the whole idea of not having sex because she wants to punish the husband or simply does not feel like it is a recipe for disaster.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,802 times
Yes. From a Biblical perspective, husbands and wives have an obligation to satisfy each other sexually. They may abstain "for a while" for the purposes of "prayer and fasting" but otherwise should have sex regularly as it mirrors the sacred bond that God has with us.

If you're not a Christian, you still have an obligation to satisfy your wife. If you have emotional hang ups, please get counseling for your sake and hers. If you have a physical problem, there are drugs to address it.

If you love your wife, you will want to make sure she's happy and satisfied.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:07 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times
You both should 'do it' with "Larry."

Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 PM

541 posts, read 2,139,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yes. Get out from behind your computer and make love to your wife. If you have no sex drive, see a doctor.

Go! Now!

Are you still here? Get!
I completely agree! Sex is a normal, natural DESIRE. I can't imagine NOT feeling any desire for sex.

I'm guessing maybe there is a physical or emotional problem that needs to be addressed.

As a married person, I expect that my spouse and I will engage in sex and other forms of intimacy on a regular basis.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:15 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,248,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
...you still have an obligation to satisfy your wife.
This is interesting, and something that has been reverberated by other posters. Somehow, there is this notion that the man is obligated to satisfy the woman, yet, if it was the man who claims that the woman has an obligation to satisfy him, well, jeez louise, you better believe that more than a few woman would be uproarious over such a suggestion.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times
From your name and feelings on it OP you could be depressed and just feeling that way. You don't have to be a maniac but you should not feel shameful/dirty feelings. I would talk to a therapist about that. Whatever is causing that in your life will bleed into other areas too.

Everyone has different drives. I think its idiotic to think you can order it up like its a sandwich or something. Thats insane and cheapens the whole deal. If whoever wants some they should DO something themselves to get the party started to speak. Adults have an obligation to grow up and accept that they are not always going to be satisfied with every little thing all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships