Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 01:15 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times

Advertisements

Some people can be happy without sex, or without having sex often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 01:33 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Some people can be happy without sex, or without having sex often.
I'm glad I'm not one of them! And glad that my wife isn't one of them, either. I'm pretty sure we'd split up if either of us lost interest in sex without a serious medical condition to back it up.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:27 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'm glad I'm not one of them! And glad that my wife isn't one of them, either. I'm pretty sure we'd split up if either of us lost interest in sex without a serious medical condition to back it up.
Interesting perspective - are you saying it is not the loss of having sex, per se that is the issue? Rather that they willfully no longer want to have sex?

I mean what is a "serious medical condition"? Does menopause count? How much of an effort will they have had to make to prove they CAN'T have sex versus just don't want to?

And what kind of sex are you talking about? Will other things suffice for PIV, e.g.? You seem to have very strong feelings so maybe you've thought through the details?

Old 06-23-2019, 02:36 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,557,147 times
Treatment for prostrate cancer usually ends the ability to have sex. Some people with diabetes experience the same thing. If my spouse didn’t want to have sex with me that would be very hurtful.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
No, I am not interested in men for sexual purposes either. The reason I am married is companionship and love. But not sex.
And did you take it upon yourself, before pursuing the path of marriage with the woman who would prospectively become your wife, to state outright that you do not have a sex drive per se (being, for all intents and purposes, asexual) but just want companionship and loving feelings but no "making love"? Perhaps even no affection or hardly any affection beyond the perfunctory either? Did she explicitly know this aspect of you before she went down the path of marriage with you? If not, then you deceived her. And/or she also had a responsibiilty to herself, before going down the path of marriage with you, to do her due homework on you (i.e., explicity discussing with you what she could expect from being married to you and learning, from how you respond to what she says, how YOU feel about her expectations for marriage . . . such as her stating outright to you that she has a well-developed need and appetite for affectional and sexual relations as a regular part of married life).

Any and all persons considering getting married to whomever should plainly and explicitly discuss with each other what they each expect from the other person to make it a workable and lasting marriage. In this way, we screen out persons who are not altogether suitable for us. Or if the other person, rather than being honest and forthcoming with us prior to going down the path of marriage with us, deceives us (whether outright lying to us or otherwise not mentioning certain things about themself and therefore hiding their true selves from the other person), then that can be cited as a basis for uncontested divorce (i.e., because the marriage was based on being misled or misinformed or lied to).

Old 06-23-2019, 05:15 PM

5 posts, read 2,333 times
I'm a married female and i just don't care for sex. Who couldn't think about that at the end of the night after putting kids to bed?!

Old 06-23-2019, 05:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Guy told me he quit smoking.

I said, “How’d you do it?”

He said, “I only smoke after sex.”

I said, “I’d be a chain smoker then.”

Old 06-23-2019, 09:56 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalightly2 View Post
I'm a married female and i just don't care for sex. Who couldn't think about that at the end of the night after putting kids to bed?!
Because a lot of people still love sex too much to not think of it.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:31 AM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
You learn something new everyday..........
An ex-coworker of mine split up with and divorced his wife because she was cheating on him. After the divorce, he continued sleeping with her while she was with the guy she had cheated on him with, and whom now was being cheated on by him. I have no other words, so I'll just leave it at that. lol

Old 06-24-2019, 04:16 AM

1,058 posts, read 677,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)
Absolutely, if that is what is important to BOTH of you. If it is important to her, and she knew how you felt about sex before you married,then that would be slightly different because she knew you had issues about it.

Perhaps, try to work on your issues regarding sex and just ask her if she is satisfied without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships