Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I've been a shocked about this as well. This goes for woman bashing other woman about weight which just comes off as being more insecure then anything. It just needs to stop.
When women do it, it's cattiness and competitiveness. And just sheer meanness, of course. But at least women don't act like the fatness of other women is affecting them so negatively as the men who complain do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Oh look, a new thread topic!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:30 PM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
Mainly because they are tired of going out and seeing 80% overweight women. I think it kinda freaks them out that the pool of potential dating partners is decreasing at a rapid pace.

But bashing isnt right no matter what the reason.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Mainly because they are tired of going out and seeing 80% overweight women. I think it kinda freaks them out that the pool of potential dating partners is decreasing at a rapid pace.

Hi Ameribull,

Its simple logic with two inputs.

1. Women are more forgiving of weight and look for personality and status. Men don't need to display cues of health nearly so much.

2. Men look for basic cues of health which are either masked or impacted by weight gain.

Thus as the society gains weight, the squeeze is put on men on what they consider eligible mates much more so than women.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I get bashed and insulted for being not fat. When I walk through a store with a dress, fat people talk bad about me. Fat women. The stare at me, hate me, talk about me, sometimes so loud, that I HAVE TO hear it. I don't care how big people are. But please dress appropriate. It seems to me, the bigger people are, the less clothes they put on and really rub it in your face and it is disgusting to see the belly with stretchmarks hanging out of wayyyyy toooo short tank shirts. And wearing hot pants where the thighs rub at each other - REALLY??? I do not want to see that. The funny thing is, I barely see women in hot pants who can afford it - they mostly wear long pants.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:46 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Women have done the same on here about Men women just dont notice because it doesnt personally effect them

Old 01-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
when im at the store sometimes overweight women block up the whole damn aisle and i get super mad! its like i gotta go out of that aisle and down another aisle when i shouldnt have to just to get around them! uncalled for...!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi I_Love_LI_but,

You are quite bright enough to know(that's a compliment). Everyone complains about a shortage. In a desert, everyone complains there is no water. Since most men chase after a target exhibiting the most cues of attraction, there is a shortage. When those women are not available, men become unhappy at their choices of women they find less than ideal.

You asked why, not about the scales of justice.
So it's single men making the complaints?

Some ones on here are married and still making the complaints (about women in general, not their wives).

I don't think there is a shortage of thin women.

I am married but my husband and I go out frequently. Last time we went out was Dec. 26. The place was really crowded. I barely saw any women who could be categorized as even "chubby." I only saw one woman who was very overweight!

Perhaps there is a shortage of thin women that find the complaining men attractive?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post

Where do you go out? My husband and I go out frequently (compared to many married people) and rarely see any fat women. I just went and stood outside my office building for 15 minutes and consciously looked to see any fat women walking by. I didn't see any. This is Manhattan also ... lots and lots of pedestrians going by!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Go to Virginia, they LOVE BIG WOMEN there. Somebody asked me disgusted, why the hell I go to gym and not eat a burger instead. The guy was in very good shape and good looking. Black though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships