Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yes--I had said that in response to your earlier post--it seemed as though you were equating feminism to affirmative action.

An extension of that policy would be to pay women more JUST because they are women...as you would hire a minority even if they were less qualified than a non-minority under affirmative action.

But I"m not trying to trap you--I'm merely asking you to confirm or deny the supposition I had made. You refused to do so.
But I've already said I am against them both, so there's nothing more for me to say on the topic.

I'm bored today, but I'm not that bored.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
That's a tangent unrelated to what I said, and unrelated to the post to which I responded.
As a professional in going off tagent, you sure know what you're talking about.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I'm against tattoos. I'm against having sex without commitment. That does not mean I equate one with the other.

The question was whether you did, or did not, equate the two.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 PM

155 posts, read 223,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
But I've already said I am against them both, so there's nothing more for me to say on the topic.

I'm bored today, but I'm not that bored.
You are a woman, but I don't really understand why you are against women being paid the same as a man for doing the same job or why you don't think women should be treated as equals by men. Would you like to have lived during the time when women could not vote, own property, or even choose who they wanted to marry? As far as respecting your husband, of course you should. People shouldn't marry anyone they don't respect, but it works both ways. The man should respect the woman too. Also, submissive...why? Why should a wife be submissive to her husband? Why can't they be equal partners in the marriage? Why can't they do things for each other because they choose to, not because one assumes power over the other?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:19 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm against tattoos. I'm against having sex without commitment. That does not mean I equate one with the other.

The question was whether you did, or did not, equate the two.
Same here.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfalling View Post
You are a woman, but I don't really understand why you are against women being paid the same as a man for doing the same job or why you don't think women should be treated as equals by men. Would you like to have lived during the time when women could not vote, own property, or even choose who they wanted to marry? As far as respecting your husband, of course you should. People shouldn't marry anyone they don't respect, but it works both ways. The man should respect the woman too. Also, submissive...why? Why should a wife be submissive to her husband? Why can't they be equal partners in the marriage? Why can't they do things for each other because they choose to, not because one assumes power over the other?
I'm not against women being paid the same as men. I'm against equal work for equal pay laws.

I am a fan of old school feminism, it's the modern day form I don't like.

And finally, I am not submissive in the slightest nor do I champion that women be submissive to their husbands whatsoever. I've never said anything along those lines... Why are you asking me about this?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:49 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,755 times
Every time someone tries to blame the problems of the black community on feminism, the community dies a little bit more each day.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Every time someone tries to blame the problems of the black community on feminism, the community dies a little bit more each day.
The truth hurts, doesn't it? Why is the marriage rate low and single parenthood is rising in the community?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Personally, I did not say the problems of the black community are due to feminism.

I said, "I 100% agree that modern feminism should be rejected in black communities."

Big difference.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 PM

Wow I've had a flurry of anonymous reps today and just noticed I now have a star!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships