Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG!!! Are you serious? I think the same can be said for children, men, dogs or cats when you speak of "not a day goes by where they are not killed, kidnapped or maimed". And to say that alcohol "works differently in women" since it "places them under control of others" is a bit sexist.

Not getting into anyone's cars, being wary of one's surroundings, etc. are just common sense that EVERYONE should know.
But not everyone one knows, according to the statistics............

I do not say that alcohol works differently in women.....the RESEARCH points that out due to their body components, weight, etc. And yes, once women become intoxicated and lose control, they will fall prey to whomever wishes to do them harm.........which if you watch, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez- Mitchell, of Headline News, and Greta Van Susteren, 48 hours, 20/20, True TV, and many others, there is a tremendous amount of violence directed toward women, today, that was not as much present several years ago. And do not tell me that it was because the media was not reporting on it, they were, but it is much prevalent today. I am so very glad these programs are trying to enlightened women that they must be more responsible toward their safety. Too many of them, are too trust worthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
But not everyone one knows, according to the statistics............

I do not say that alcohol works differently in women.....the RESEARCH points that out due to their body components, weight, etc. And yes, once women become intoxicated and lose control, they will fall prey to whomever wishes to do them harm.........which if you watch, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez- Mitchell, of Headline News, and Greta Van Susteren, 48 hours, 20/20, True TV, and many others, there is a tremendous amount of violence directed toward women, today, that was not as much present several years ago. And do not tell me that it was because the media was not reporting on it, they were, but it is much prevalent today. I am so very glad these programs are trying to enlightened women that they must be more responsible toward their safety. Too many of them, are too trust worthy.
I think each person should take responsibility for their own safety and drink responsibly. Period.

I also think you watch too much TV. A man killing a woman can be sensationalized much easier than a man killing a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships