Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times

Advertisements

If they were dressed terribly I doubt I would go on even a first date with them. My dh dressed ok when I met him, he had some AWFUL things he wore to the gym, but some nice things to work, and some in between. Now with some help, he dresses awesome, and is actually REALLY into it as well lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:16 AM

438 posts, read 1,352,828 times
I have no fashion sense at all.
As long as I am comfortable, my clothes are clean, have shaved, put on deodorant/aftershave, and i have my two showers a day, who gives a damn if I am not "in fashion" or not to anyone's liking. Damn, this is me!
I change clothes three times a day. Once, after a shower to go to work, - after lunch at work, and then once I have had my evening shower after work.
I have a number of suits. They make me feel very uncomfortable because I feel like I am in a monkey's jumpsuit to satisfy the masses of idiots that consider this "smart" and fashionable.
A good pair of trousers, well pressed shirt (long or short sleeved), decent clean shoes, socks and a ready smiling disposition is all you need - smart casual-, And be comfortable (with yourself)

Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Yes, I could date someone with terrible sense if they had other positive attributes that would attract me to them to begin with. I am not fashion motivated myself and dress according to my environment. There are a few fashion choices that would probably driver me crazy tho.

Quote:
Ugh. Women should just wear 3" heels at all times.
This morning, in the rain, I had to wade thru 3+ inches of muck (mud+horse poop) to retrieve a feeder. Those 3" heels would not have survived!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

This morning, in the rain, I had to wade thru 3+ inches of muck (mud+horse poop) to retrieve a feeder. Those 3" heels would not have survived!
Perhaps he thinks women have Barbie doll feet that are only made for high heels? Ugh.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Ah. The Sweater Vest. I firmly believe that it takes a certain type of guy to pull off a sweater vest and look great doing so. Body shape plays heavily into it. The swimmer's physique can pull of sweater vests.

It's the same with skinny jeans for girls. Ladies with hips don't fare so well with the jeans that strangle their ankles (and I'm one of them).

Seriously though, try on a three-piece suit just once and make sure women see you wearing it. I don't know what it is about that simple little vest/waistcoat, but it takes the suit up a few notches of sexy. Of course, this is assuming the suit is well-tailored to fit the man's body. Nothing looks worse than an ill-fitting suit.

Ahhh good ol Skinny Jeans, no better way of making your body look like that of a boy..

Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Here is a picture of said sweater vest, is it Costanza-y enough?
Yeah. . . I'm not liking the vest. I would never pick that out for a guy.

Can I virtually dress you? Please!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:22 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
Quote:

That's exactly why I do not let women dress me. They dress me up like some Cabbage Patch doll.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:22 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
Maybe you could print out a picture, and do it like those old cut out figures you used to get, with the little tabs on the clothes to hold them on !

I remember my sister had them, she used to spend hours with those things !!

Quote:

Old 02-09-2010, 02:24 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Maybe you could print out a picture, and do it like those old cut out figures you used to get, with the little tabs on the clothes to hold them on !

I remember my sister had them, she used to spend hours with those things !!
LOL....I had those too! Ahh, that was a good memory bobman...thanks!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:28 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL....I had those too! Ahh, that was a good memory bobman...thanks!
I remember those too! Paper dolls! I had American Girl ones. Ah, great childhood. I miss it sometimes! I didn't have a care in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships