Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I think a great outfit for a man that straddles that fine line between dressy and casual is dark jeans (nice ones - no rips or tears or weird washes), a button up shirt (not necessarily super formal, but not slobby either - think stylish casual), and a sports jacket/blazer.

It's smart and stylish, but not too formal.
More or less what I wear if I'm doing the datings. But the bolded part is where you'd lose me.

I don't wear blazers without a tie:
1) I live in PHX. It's over 100 at night in the summer.
2) I think it's too trendy.
3) The west coast is more laid back than the east coast. I'd look like I'm trying super hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Well that's appropriate regarding the situation.

Now, if you wore that out to dinner. . .
Well I want to know if it is a Costanza Vest because then I would bring it back in the rotation. It'll go good with my Al Borlyn flannel shirt.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Well I want to know if it is a Costanza Vest because then I would bring it back in the rotation. It'll go good with my Al Borlyn flannel shirt.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,661 times
Quote:
I think a great outfit for a man that straddles that fine line between dressy and casual is dark jeans (nice ones - no rips or tears or weird washes), a button up shirt (not necessarily super formal, but not slobby either - think stylish casual), and a sports jacket/blazer.

It's smart and stylish, but not too formal.
Yep, exactly, part of my wardrobe..need to buy another sports coat though..

Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
LOL it is probably my favorite shirt. It is hideous and that is a nice word to describe it.

I love wearing it out where lots of people are people watching. Like the mall or the movie theater. I love making people uncomfortable and trying to get them to say that my shirt is hideous. It's great for shock value.

My mom specifically told me to please not wear that shirt to Holiday dinners cuz people like to take pictures.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
LOL it is probably my favorite shirt. It is hideous and that is a nice word to describe it.

I love wearing it out where lots of people are people watching. Like the mall or the movie theater. I love making people uncomfortable and trying to get them to say that my shirt is hideous. It's great for shock value.

My mom specifically told me to please not wear that shirt to Holiday dinners cuz people like to take pictures.
That is funny because I went shopping with my son (who is 16) and he picks out the ugliest red & white flannel shirt! I pleaded with him not to buy it but he did.

It was the weirdest thing because I was in his bathroom and saw these thick black rimmed glasses similar to the ones the guy who sang "do the humpty dance" wore in the video. Well, I found a picture in my computer of him in that god-awful shirt with those glasses... He added it to his Facebook page.

Let's just say....he did not get his sense of fashion from his parents because neither of us wear such attire willingly. I said it's going to be a cruel joke when we die and he picks out our clothes for the casket!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,985 times
One of my favorite outfits!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:01 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,661 times
Quote:
That is funny because I went shopping with my son (who is 16) and he picks out the ugliest red & white flannel shirt! I pleaded with him not to buy it but he did.

It was the weirdest thing because I was in his bathroom and saw these thick black rimmed glasses similar to the ones the guy who sang "do the humpty dance" wore in the video. Well, I found a picture in my computer of him in that god-awful shirt with those glasses... He added it to his Facebook page.

Let's just say....he did not get his sense of fashion from his parents because neither of us wear such attire willingly. I said it's going to be a cruel joke when we die and he picks out our clothes for the casket!
LMAO!!..lord help you!!..As for flannel...it's like instant repellent..i see it, and run...hope that the trend is a brief one....kind of like Hawaiian shirts..there are rarely any nice looking ones..

Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
I would prefer it, actually.

Then she wouldn't be trying to change mine.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Does he do it on purpose? I think I like this kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships