Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times

Advertisements

@Vic.punk

Definitions of respect on the Web:
  • (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
  • esteem: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
  • an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
  • deference: a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard; "his deference to her wishes was very flattering"; "be sure to give my respects to the dean"
  • obedience: behavior intended to please your parents; "their children were never very strong on obedience"; "he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"
  • regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
  • regard: a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
  • show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Not able to find your usage of respect in the above definitions. You might consider deference instead. Courtesy and kindness might not be highly regarded by many these days. But why run with the other punks out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yes, she came up to me, talking to me, and I told her to go to hell, called her fat (which she wasn't, but women hate to hear that), and I think she went to the ladie's room to cry...and I am still find it funny.

BUT, I never said I was rebuffed by women! I just said that it was a preemptive paypack against any future possible rejection, and that I was simply defending myself. That woman was up to no good.

I do not talk to women, and I would like women to not talk to me either. Simple as that.
Man this is corny. If you dont like chicks leave em be. Whats the point in this?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
the same applies to men or women-- when we are reserved- that is good manners- when we consciously avoid others- this is social anorexia and not healthy. embedded in the disease is the notion that our presence and attention is unwanted and unneeded, that we are not and would not be valued by others. the belief that the only possible value we have to others if they can get some material benefit from us, is the driving force behind social anorexia. it is the consistent bad and sick behavior of our greedy self serving society that creates social anorexia.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Quote:
I saw "The 40 Year old Virgin" in the theatres when it came out, and I remember at one point Steve Carrol's character, the forty year old virgin, says "hey, I respect women! I respect them so much, I don't even talk to them!" and people in the theatre laughed....but I didn't, because that is how I always felt.

I am sorry, but I am one man who feels that the best way for a man to respect women is just to please, LEAVE THEM ALONE. I do not talk to woman socially, do not go to bars and go up to some woman who I do not know (the nerve of some guys) and do not bother them. I figure that they just want to be left alone. How is that not good wisdom, especially if you, like me, are not an attractive man (short, bad skin, out of shape etc) and know, honestly, that no woman wants to be bothered by the likes of you?

I for one am of the opinion that the best way to show one's respect for women is to leave them alone. That is the philosophy I have followed my whole life and I have never angered any women or made any woman uncomfortable in my entire life as a result. I would say that that qualifies me as a "good man".

EDIT: I do not mean "never, under any circumstances" talk to women, but what I mean is in the social, flirty way. If the cashier at the bank is a female than of course I will talk to her or a female co-worker. However, when it comes to females, it is best to leave it at business and nothing more.
If you are happy with that then kudos to you my friend.
Maybe if i would have done that in the beginning i would not still hanker after being with a woman in some way shape or form.
I could have absolved myself of them entirely at the beginning and not have my addiction to the female form cause me to always hunger for the primal connection to her body and spirit that exceeds all the ridiculous 'rules and expectations' that some people and some of society says has to happen.

You are a great man.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I NEVER asked to be so short and ugly that no woman would want me. Nothing I can do about it, just the way things turned out. If only that worthless piece of human filth decided to have an abortion, it would have made things allot easier for me.
You are not alone in this.
Yes many will come a deride you about your perspective.
And will provide examples of people living in hellish conditions as to why you should be thankful.
But your burden is your burden.
And as trivial as it seems to some, its the world to you.

I feel like you perfectly stated your opinions and you are accepting of certain things.
And unlike other posters who want advice on how to get women, you stand beside your decision not to bother them.

Respect.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
So, my refusal to sexual harass women at bars and other social settings makes me a "woman hater" as does defending myself when a woman I do not know comes up to me at a bar and starts asking me random questions? Okay...
My only issue is when you insulted the woman.
Of course you can just tell her directly you are not interested.
But to insult a person without provocation is pretty impractical.

Insulting someone implies that you do harbor some sort of feeling.
If you want to be truly neutral to women cut off the insults.
If you want to do some travelling I could recommend you some training that would help you to be able to turn off your desire and feelings at will.
And with no psychological issues.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:20 AM

8 posts, read 18,427 times
same thing here i respect women and also have a abnormal fear of disapointing them which is what has kept me from trying dating and i think thats due to so much sexisim being thrown in my face my whole life instead of getting angry about it it just makes me feel like sh*t its starting to get to me

Old 01-28-2011, 12:35 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Not for nothing but you wonder why you get no bed action? No pie? No nothing from women?

There's a difference between being respectful and repulsive and then...STUPID.

Sorry but sometimes giving someone (man or woman) TOO much respect is a dumb thing. You'll never know till you ask and its not a bad thing to talk to women. If women find you attractive (in anyway), they WANT you to approach them, not run away like a dumbass.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Man this is corny. If you dont like chicks leave em be. Whats the point in this?
He's a friggin idiot. I wish I can just smack him upside his stupid bald head. Let me chill out and stop ragging on him, for some reason I am just highly annoyed by his post.

I don't know whats worst though, a stupid guy who respects women so much he doesn't want to talk to them and wonders why he has no success or a guy who's just too much in a women's space and wonders why he has no success with them.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
I didnt read the entire thread, but he mentioned somethings about his anticipated rejection from the woman based on his height and looks, to me it sounds like a severe case of low self esteem, i would say no self esteem in fact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships