Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
It's female logic.

Obese people can lose weight.

Short people can't gain height.

Obesity reflects poor health, habits, and self image.

Shortness reflects genetics in most cases, barring extreme deprivation in youth. It does have an effect on overally strength but in this enlightened (supposedly) society, one doesn't need to physically dominate another competitor.
If u compare height with with breasts it hits too close to home with some women so they use the obese thing..Or if you just say weight in general even that may hit too clsoe to home if theyre chunky broads so they use something theyre not apart of which is the obese community which is the dumbest comaprison ever..

What does a slightly shorter guy with a 6 pack or is a great athlete have in common with an obese women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 03:56 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
It seems every other thread here is "Would you ever date someone who (enter perceived flaw)" and most people, male and female, would not, even without knowing all the details or circumstances involved. The pickiest people are on internet boards.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:58 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If u compare height with with breasts it hits too close to home with some women so they use the obese thing..Or if you just say weight in general even that may hit too clsoe to home if theyre chunky broads so they use something theyre not apart of which is the obese community which is the dumbest comaprison ever..

What does a slightly shorter guy with a 6 pack or is a great athlete have in common with an obese women?
Not much. The fat woman can lose weight. The guy will always be short. I don't have a problem with short men but a lot of women are not attracted to them, 6 pack or not.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM

437 posts, read 675,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
lol seriosuly..Im not good with women now im starting to think id be better off alone..Any women who approaches me im gonna think she must have got thrown to the waist side numerous times and is just settling for me becasue she doesnt want to be alone..
I think it depends. Some men are happy avoiding women or have the attitude, "well if I get a woman, great. If not, that's fine too." Others go crazy ala Gary Sodoni.

Spock commented:, "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." For some men, it's the same with women and I am starting to understand that.

After striking out a good part of my life, I devoted myself to the abilty to attract women and I have succeeded in some measure. At the moment I'm dating one girl, bootycalling another, and have two possibilities online to say nothing of an old friend who wants to hook me up with some female friends of hers. It's interesting but also distracting.

I think now that I know it's my choice whether to be single or not, celibate or not, I feel happier. That I can obtain something, in some ways, makes me happier than actually having it. Think of how many of us celebrate our freedom to go anywhere in the world yet few actually leaves the nation and many vacations are even anti-climatic. It's the same thing: just knowing that we CAN is more pleasureable to some than actually DOING it.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
This is why women MUST go about their lives as if they will never meet Mr Right. I think someone also wrote a book called " Men Are Just Desserts". If you are all you can be, then you will still be pretty happy by yourself, and if a man you love comes along, that's great.
I've been married to "Mr. Checks All the Right Blocks" (smart, educated, good provider, top of his profession) but we grew to hate each other, so I wish I had been more particular about other things. Turns out, I stumbled upon a great man, when I wasn't trying, who is a good and considerate husband, but who will never be rich or powerful, but he's still got it all over the one who I thought had all the necessary qualities.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:01 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not much. The fat woman can lose weight. The guy will always be short. I don't have a problem with short men but a lot of women are not attracted to them, 6 pack or not.
The obese women can lose weight as well im just saying on the surface they have nothing in common..

So most women dont like short guys at all huh?

Whats the height line?

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
We all want things, mostly to meet our needs in a highly satisfactory manner. Indeed, the wants we are discussing (want of a man to have multiple female mates, the want of a woman to have a mate solely devoted to her) are based on satisfying that person's need to procreation.

Early man used brute force to satisfy those needs, with the end that some men died out, unable to fulfill those needs. Women sustained themselves as best as they could, wanting that one strong man but often instead raped and left to manage as best she could. What reality gave them didn't change the wants.
Even though I personally categorize wants and needs as two separate beasts (mainly in regard to current-day affairs) I see your point and indeed I admire your logic. Well done!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I think you are making the right decision. It's been tough going for me, and I don't even have kids! Fact is, when you are looking at the pool of available people in their 40s, you are looking at other people's discards. It's like shopping for a new suit at the Salvation Army - yes they occasionally get a real gem, but those get snatched off the racks quickly, by those who are younger. And its worse for women than it is for men, much worse. You'd need to have lady luck on your side!
FUNNY-lol Shopping for a new suit at the Salvation Army.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
It seems every other thread here is "Would you ever date someone who (enter perceived flaw)" and most people, male and female, would not, even without knowing all the details or circumstances involved. The pickiest people are on internet boards.
A few guys in one of the short men thread said they aren't attracted to tall women like me. There's nothing I can do about that. Oh no! Maybe I should march in there, Amazon-style, and give them whatfor.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Meh, it's all just fun and games until you have to date someone with only one eye...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships