Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:13 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I've heard of this before and there is truth to it.

I think you have the order wrong though. You're not what you hate. You hate what you are. That's just generally speaking. For example, when I was a little kid, I had this weird nose twitch (go ahead, laugh lol). I forced myself into kicking that habit in middle school, but to this day, I still get bothered when people have habits of making weird faces.
Haha, not laughing at your twitch, laughing at your "go ahead" comment.

I don't know about the order, though, it still seems the same concept to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have always believed this to be very true. Whenever someone bad mouths another person I listen very closely because it will *ALWAYS* be something that they are guilty of themselves. At least this has been my experience in many occasions.

20yrsinBranson
Haha. Has it ever happened to you that someone badmouths another, and then when you meet the other person you think, They're not so bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
This is me. I was telling my wife the other day about this guy that I can not stand to be around and then I realized that his annoying traits are similar to my traits (that don't seem so annoying from my perspective). The people I enjoy being around are much different than I am.
LOL, this is too funny. Thanks for being so honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 06:16 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Oh my God...

I'm a......

I'm a....

I'm a democrat!!!!!

Oh the shame, oh the shame.
I know what you mean, banger, I was thinking the very same thing! I went out with two democrats, I am one BTW, and I found them to be self-righteous idiots with no sense of humor whatsoever!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Lord, I hope not! I can't say I really 'hate' much of anything but I do dislike some things. I don't like liars, thieves, game players, manipulators, controllers, sexists, etc. etc. but I am none of those things either. And I have the good sense not to get involved with people like that. Oh, and I definitely don't hate me either!

I have read every book Anne Rice has written, including the ones she wrote under different pen names. Good story teller and smart lady!
No, I understand that; hopefully, no one would agree with those "traits." I'm talking about more harmless things. You know; too mouthy, too opinionated, too sensitive, too boring, too JUDGMENTAL - like that...

Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, not laughing at your twitch, laughing at your "go ahead" comment.

I don't know about the order, though, it still seems the same concept to me.
Here's an example to illustrate my point.

I strongly dislike people who are whiners.

I'm not much of a whiner; I see it as pointless because nothing is achieved. If we're going by the "you are what you hate" theory, then I would be a whiner.

Make sense?

Old 02-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:

I'm not much of a whiner; I see it as pointless because nothing is achieved. If we're going by the "you are what you hate" theory, then I would be a whiner.

Make sense?
I was in a store the other day when an old lady clerk went on and on about how women talk too much. It was pretty funny.

Last edited by learningCA; 02-27-2010 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Lord, I hope not! I can't say I really 'hate' much of anything but I do dislike some things. I don't like liars, thieves, game players, manipulators, controllers, sexists, etc. etc. but I am none of those things either. And I have the good sense not to get involved with people like that. Oh, and I definitely don't hate me either!
Pretty much covers my list and I'm none of those things, either. But I keep running into those people. How do you avoid them and leave the house?

Old 02-27-2010, 06:28 PM

257 posts, read 533,931 times
Quote:
I really find myself *disliking* people who are in the situation I used to be in....when I was a weaker version of me. Not that I really hate these people....but I see where I was for so long, and I get angry at them for being in that position now. Does that make any sense at all?
Yes. But I don't get angry for them being in that position as much as--"Why aren't they listening to me when I'm trying to help them?!?" i.e. giving advice or what not. And then I remember I didn't want to hear it or take advice from others when I was there.

Quote:
I hate really handsome guys! You know, over the top handsome! Ohhhhh damn how I hate them!
Quote:
Oh my God...

I'm a......

I'm a....

I'm a democrat!!!!!

LOLOL!!!

(Now I have to catch up to the thread & read page 4)

Last edited by raa1371; 02-27-2010 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Fix an open tag

Old 02-27-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Pretty much covers my list and I'm none of those things, either. But I keep running into those people. How do you avoid them and leave the house?
By walking a really big dog!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I definately think this is the case in some circumstances.
I really find myself *disliking* people who are in the situation I used to be in....when I was a weaker version of me. Not that I really hate these people....but I see where I was for so long, and I get angry at them for being in that position now. Does that make any sense at all?
That makes perfect sense. And that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Yes it's true!

I hate really handsome guys! You know, over the top handsome! Ohhhhh damn how I hate them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Oh my God...

I'm a......

I'm a....

I'm a democrat!!!!!

All right, you guys, this isn't amateur night at the comedy club.

Quote:

Make sense?
I know what you're saying. But that wasn't my question. I'm asking if you were ever irritated by someone's habit or trait and then you realize you have that same trait yourself. I'm not saying that everything you dislike in another person means you are just like that person.

Has it ever happened that you dislike something about a person and, if you thought about it, you are the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
I was in a store the other day when an old lady clerk went on and on about how women talk too much...
That's priceless. Exactly my point.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
By walking a really big dog!
Thanks. Is a doberman big enough or do I need a great dane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships