Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I am a very confident guy. That always seems to make women think I am an arrogant a**! IDK, I'll stay confident and single, thank you!!!
LOL! Come on dude! There's a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
LOL! Come on dude! There's a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.
I know that buddy! They don't always see it like that though. I seem to rub some of them the wrong way. Honestly, that is not my intentions and I feel very confident with my skills and abilities but try not to brag. Can I do this? Yes, I sure can. I could be better.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Certain men definitely can. I doubt very much that Matthew McConaughey for example gets turned down by women very often.
Matthew would get turned down by me. I don't like him at all. His attitude goes way beyond confident...he is arrogant, condescending, and conceited. He even thinks it is ok to smell bad. He doesn't use deoderant, and has said he thinks his smell is masculine. Stink is not masculine; it is just stink. He also takes his shirt off every chance he gets. Put the dang thing on. I like guys that I wouldn't have to fight for the mirror. They are confident without being stuck on themselves.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM

332 posts, read 644,312 times
Quote:
Matthew would get turned down by me. I don't like him at all. His attitude goes way beyond confident...he is arrogant, condescending, and conceited. He even thinks it is ok to smell bad. He doesn't use deoderant, and has said he thinks his smell is masculine. Stink is not masculine; it is just stink. He also takes his shirt off every chance he gets. Put the dang thing on. I like guys that I wouldn't have to fight for the mirror. They are confident without being stuck on themselves.

You are just saying that because Matthew McConaughey would never give you the time of the day. I bet you are no Jennifer Connelly in the looks department. Than again most women who have alot of time on their hands post in forums are not very attractive, judging from most of the pics that I have seen in this forum.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
You are just saying that because Matthew McConaughey would never give you the time of the day. I bet you are no Jennifer Connelly in the looks department. Than again most women who have alot of time on their hands post in forums are not very attractive, judging from most of the pics that I have seen in this forum.
LOL...most of the women that put pics on here are not using good judgement anyway. Who would let strangers see their picture and know where they live? And no I am not just saying that, but you have to believe whatever you want to believe. As to what I look like, that is none of your business. How about you? Golem>? I bet you don't look like Matthew either.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,255 times
Quote:
Great. Yet another pop culture reference I do not understand without google. And you just summarized my point nicely. If someone is not attracted to someone else, they will not give the person the time of day. The rejected person may be the best person in the world, but the man or woman will walk oni f they don't feel attracted

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i respectfully disagree. there is a type of woman that is attracted by lots of raw confidence impression management.
but too often its the confident failure they find so very hot.
i find that women that are attracted to men that are on a big improvement curve is the kind that are worth getting and keeping.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i respectfully disagree. there is a type of woman that is attracted by lots of raw confidence impression management.
but too often its the confident failure they find so very hot.
i find that women that are attracted to men that are on a big improvement curve is the kind that are worth getting and keeping.
Huh?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:09 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I find the women who treat others well regardless of whether they're going places or not, are the real gems.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I find the women who treat others well regardless of whether they're going places or not, are the real gems.
That is the way everyone should be both men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships