Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times

Advertisements

I'm much the same way. When I go to the gym, I'm waging war on the weights. I don't have time for skinning and grinning. Depending on my mood, I usually get in and get gone. At the same time, I don't mind chit-chat after a good workout (and of course a heavy duty protein shake mixed with skim milk, furnished by the gym). If you like, you can catch him when he's finished training and strike up something then.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Mango, when you see him alone, look confused and ask him how to do a specific exercise properly.... When he helps you, just flirt a bit and he should get the message...
That's a good advice! Nothing men love more!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, granted, I don't have any experience with gyms per se, but any normal available guy would - in any environment
Hmmm, well, yea a gym is just a bit different... People do notice all the hot bods walking around but it's like the one place where people do restrain themselves so they can workout.

It's kind of like going to the beach, people see half naked people walking around, and after a while, they don't think much of it.

Now a women walking around in a bikini at 12 noon in a office building.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:34 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Don't bother guys at the gym.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm much the same way. When I go to the gym, I'm waging war on the weights. I don't have time for skinning and grinning. Depending on my mood, I usually get in and get gone. At the same time, I don't mind chit-chat after a good workout (and of course a heavy duty protein shake mixed with skim milk, furnished by the gym). If you like, you can catch him when he's finished training and strike up something then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Don't bother guys at the gym.
What has happened to men?!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
What has happened to men?!
Same thing that's happened to women It's not considered proper etiquette to interrupt someone during their workout. If she's that hard-up for the man, she should take the intiative to get at him after he's through training.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Same thing that's happened to women It's not considered proper etiquette to interrupt someone during their workout. If she's that hard-up for the man, she should take the intiative to get at him after he's through training.
OK, whatever... I better get out of this thread 'cause seeing what "men" have turned into makes me puke.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If the guy's at the gym for a workout and just a workout, then you better bring your A game. Really, the best thing you could do is to be really ninja-creepy and follow him to the watering hole then strike up small talk. You could always venture to the free weights, but you run the risk of getting all the guys' ass and ball sweat on you.

You certainly aren't going to get his attention by trying on new faces on a treadmil from across the gym.
Omg to ass and ball sweat. lol.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:47 PM

541 posts, read 2,137,878 times
Quote:
OK, whatever... I better get out of this thread 'cause seeing what "men" have turned into makes me puke.
Sorry, but I'm a female and agree with him! Most of us who go to the gym to actually work out HATE to be interrupted. I hate it when guys try to strike up conversation in the midst of a good workout...

Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleite61 View Post
Sorry, but I'm a female and agree with him! Most of us who go to the gym to actually work out HATE to be interrupted. I hate it when guys try to strike up conversation in the midst of a good workout...
OK, I stand corrected. What has the world turned into?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships