Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryconfusednow View Post
As you can read the title, my wife of 1 year is still contacting the OM. It's been now 5 hours since she left. I demanded it has to stop but she doesn't seem to care. In fact I get blame for being neglectful in the past and too focus on working. Even after the emails I found which contained strong details, she keeps denying there was ever sex.

Just two days ago she even had the nerves to tell me I can date other women if I want to (I just want my marriage back). What's going on? I want the same woman I met years ago. Every time I mentioned counseling she gets upset and states how I'm the problem.

It's been 2 months I'm dealing with this and apparently she doesn't care about me one bit.

Here are some solutions I can think of right now:
1) Hoping she'll forget about the OM and agree to go to counseling with me
2) Throw a fit and kick her to the curb as I'm really getting fed up with it
3) Find out where the OM lives and beat the crap out of him.

Is there some hope she'll change and work on our marriage or should I just proceed towards filing for divorce? I haven't told my mother about what she'd done as it'll cause for hatred. She never liked my then girlfriend to which it created a huge argument to the point I didn't speak to her for months.
What the....? It's over. Move out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 09:26 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Short answer:
Grow a pair, toss her out, and move on with your life.

Long answer:
The reason this is ongoing is because you lack a spine to do anything about it and she knows it, evidenced by your pouting and carrying on about her still seeing the guy and still not having thrown her out on her ass.

Stop hoping you can change her behavior and stop her from seeing the other guy. Accept that you can't change anything besides your own behavior and actions. Understand you can only control what you say, do, or how you react to the situation. In the end your options are limited. You accept being cuckolded, or you boot her out. Pining over the cheating **** your wife turned out to be isn't very beneficial and will only cause you more harm over the long run.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
"When will she stop cheating?"

The question of the ages.

As soon as you leave her, I suppose is when she'll stop cheating.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:31 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
why would you even contemplate staying with her? Grow a pair
Eggggsactly.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 AM

383 posts, read 901,004 times
Watch American Beauty and do everything the guy in American Beauty did.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Move on. No one deserves this. Period end of discussion. No matter how much you loved her, she can reciprocate. File and move on. It is a form of self preservation.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:12 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
When you act like a doormat, people will walk all over you.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:12 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
As you can read the title, my wife of 1 year is still contacting the OM. It's been now 5 hours since she left. I demanded it has to stop but she doesn't seem to care. In fact I get blame for being neglectful in the past and too focus on working. Even after the emails I found which contained strong details, she keeps denying there was ever sex.

Just two days ago she even had the nerves to tell me I can date other women if I want to (I just want my marriage back). What's going on? I want the same woman I met years ago. Every time I mentioned counseling she gets upset and states how I'm the problem.

It's been 2 months I'm dealing with this and apparently she doesn't care about me one bit.

Here are some solutions I can think of right now:
1) Hoping she'll forget about the OM and agree to go to counseling with me
2) Throw a fit and kick her to the curb as I'm really getting fed up with it
3) Find out where the OM lives and beat the crap out of him.

Is there some hope she'll change and work on our marriage or should I just proceed towards filing for divorce? I haven't told my mother about what she'd done as it'll cause for hatred. She never liked my then girlfriend to which it created a huge argument to the point I didn't speak to her for months.
Sorry you are in such a difficult place in your relationship. I can't say what you should or should not do because it seems the two of you really haven't sat down and talked to each other to any great extent.

It sounds like she has involved another man in hopes of moving on OR perhaps it's an attempt to show you she is worthy of a man's time and attention.....since she feels you don't seem to have any for her. Who knows?

Have you sat down and really talked to her about your relationship? What's missing, what's needed, is there still love, does she WANT to be married any longer?

I am not one to advocate divorce until I know I have done everything to save the marriage. If divorce is the end result, then I have no regrets or "what ifs" about it.

I would advise you to leave your mother out of this. Now is not the time for any "I told you so's" and it doesn't help anything.

Have a serious talk, if there is not a chance to reconcile, then you know what you have to do. Again, I'm sorry you are having to go through this and I wish you well.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Thank you and yes sadly I'm going to start filing for divorce anything this week.
After that's done then I might be single for a long time. I calculate my recovery process will not happen overnight. I know most of my friend would suggest meeting women at nightclubs. The problem is I don't even like drinking and partying isn't my hobby.

I didn't take my mother's advice years early. I did what probably not many people would have done which is to place your spouse into a pedestal (even if that meant going against your own mother and not speaking to her for months).
You probably should have listened to your mom depending on your mom of course. Usually your parent has your best interests in mind - and your mom probably saw something in this woman that you refused to see. Unless your mom is some control freak and wants to keep you for herself, never let you grow up, it's worth listening to most moms to some extent.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Sorry you are in such a difficult place in your relationship. I can't say what you should or should not do because it seems the two of you really haven't sat down and talked to each other to any great extent.

It sounds like she has involved another man in hopes of moving on OR perhaps it's an attempt to show you she is worthy of a man's time and attention.....since she feels you don't seem to have any for her. Who knows?

Have you sat down and really talked to her about your relationship? What's missing, what's needed, is there still love, does she WANT to be married any longer?

I am not one to advocate divorce until I know I have done everything to save the marriage. If divorce is the end result, then I have no regrets or "what ifs" about it.

I would advise you to leave your mother out of this. Now is not the time for any "I told you so's" and it doesn't help anything.

Have a serious talk, if there is not a chance to reconcile, then you know what you have to do. Again, I'm sorry you are having to go through this and I wish you well.
Adultery breaks the marriage vows. It doesn't really say much for a woman or man who would continue to sleep with someone they know is sleeping with someone else. That puts them on the same level as the other man or woman.

Once the marriage vows have been broken, the marriage is over and it's time for a divorce to separate the material possessions.

No one should accept becoming a doormat or pretend they have a real marriage when the other is sleeping around on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships