Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
I don't mean to be offensive but I don't find that "charming" in any way. I only find that you are something that is proud to be doing something inappropriate.
Wow, lacking sense of humor much? LOL It was a joke. I always follow up anything I say with "it's part of my charming personality". And rest assured, I do have a charmig personality. For myself and others like me, there is nothing wrong if you BY nature have a flirtatious, friendly attitude towards people of all sexes and ages. It's called personality and charm. Much better than being a grumpy, miserable sap all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
My SO and I learned this the hard way. Don't do it.

It's not the flirter's intention that counts - it's how the SO interprets it.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
You can't help the attraction but you can help what you do about it. Exchanging numbers and playful texts, if it is the playful I am thinking of, there would be a serious problem. Joking and talking, no problem. But don't test the waters.
I like this, the common sense approach.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 AM

622 posts, read 1,280,135 times
Quote:
There's no platonic, innocent flirt when you are in a relationship. No matter how you sugarcoat it, you know it's wrong, inappropriate and disgusting.

Do we do it? Yes we do but that does not make it right in any way.

I agree totally. If I found out my SO was acting in some of the ways mentioned here I would say goodbye and never look back. Its disrespectful.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM

47 posts, read 80,270 times
I wouldn't like my bf doing it simply because it is disrespectful, regardless of you not cheating. It just does not look right.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,232,965 times
This is something the couple needs to discuss as a couple. I've seen people who are OK with it. But I've seen it break up relationships. You and your SO need to sit down together and discuss where the lines are for you (as a couple).

You each may have different ideas of what is too much. If so talk about it. But both of you need to remember this; If it is OK for you to do, it is OK for me to do. Otherwise there will be an inequality in your relationship that will cause stress & strain. This is an issue of mutual trust & respect. It needs to work for both people.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 PM

851 posts, read 3,627,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
This is something the couple needs to discuss as a couple. I've seen people who are OK with it. But I've seen it break up relationships. You and your SO need to sit down together and discuss where the lines are for you (as a couple).

You each may have different ideas of what is too much. If so talk about it. But both of you need to remember this; If it is OK for you to do, it is OK for me to do. Otherwise there will be an inequality in your relationship that will cause stress & strain. This is an issue of mutual trust & respect. It needs to work for both people.

Just my 2 cents.
It's ok for guys to do it, but not for girls. Well, not literally but it's not double standard. Guys and girls are different and they need to be treated differently.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:38 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I believe in monogamy, but I am a total flirt. I like it. It's fun and I am good at it. Yes, sometimes it gets me into more trouble than it is worth. All that being said if my guy asked me not to do it I would make every effort not to.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,232,965 times
Quote:
It's ok for guys to do it, but not for girls. Well, not literally but it's not double standard. Guys and girls are different and they need to be treated differently.
Are you referring to guys flirting with guys? Because if the guys are flirting with girls, guess what? The girls are flirting too. Think about it.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Come now, just who is it you are trying to convince?

Was your SO/wife/girl looking over your shoulder while you typed this thread out?

We all know (except the exceptionally naive) that opening that many lines of communication with an attractive member of the opposite sex, will sooner or later lead to the opening of something else.

It's not rocket science my good man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships