Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times

Advertisements

Okay - we need some light good natured threads on here.
With Mother's Day, right around the corner, what do the mom's want for Mother's Day? What are the dad's giving?

I'll go first - card and jewelry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Okay - we need some light good natured threads on here.
With Mother's Day, right around the corner, what do the mom's want for Mother's Day? What are the dad's giving?

I'll go first - card and jewelry.
What I really appreciate is a handwritten note, not just a signed card. I tell my kids I plan to keep myself entertained with all these notes when I'm in the old folks home

Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
For me I do not need nor want/expect my kids to buy me anything...we usually just get together and do a BBQ...some years my daughter and I go away...last year my kids helped me in my yard with mulching, flowers
We do not do gifts because a TV commercial said to.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
For me I do not need nor want/expect my kids to buy me anything...we usually just get together and do a BBQ...some years my daughter and I go away...last year my kids helped me in my yard with mulching, flowers
We do not do gifts because a TV commercial said to.
Actually, I'm getting her a gift because this is her first Mother's Day. So it's extra special.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
I got my mom a nice set of earrings and will be taking her my dad and my G/F parents out for dinner I might get her flowers too but not sure yet depends if the local flower shop has anything decent left

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I got my mom a nice set of earrings and will be taking her my dad and my G/F parents out for dinner I might get her flowers too but not sure yet depends if the local flower shop has anything decent left
Okay, YOU'RE a keeper

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Actually, I'm getting her a gift because this is her first Mother's Day. So it's extra special.
That IS extra special...her first Mother's Day. How proud she must be.
Congrats.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
My Mom does not "expect" anything for mothers Day, but I know that she would "want" us kids to come home for a visit.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
Me and my brothers are going over to her house and will grill for her. We will be watching the Suns game. She is a huge Suns fan.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,943,381 times
I fully understand that Mother's Day is a made up, Hallmark holiday.

That said, I want some recognition, maybe a bit of pampering. My kids are little - all of their gifts are from the heart. That said, I'll bet older moms feel the same way. If you can't visit, send something that shows you care. No mom wants junk that says, "Here, I bought you something."

Years ago, when I didn't have money for gifts and even cards were pushing the budget, I colored pictures for my stepmom and grandmothers, not just had my kids do it. They LOVED it and still expect me to do it every year... btw - I started it when I was 30. I'm.... older... than that now. I also send chocolates and fruit. Sometimes a little something for one of their gardens when I see something I can't pass up. If we lived closer, I'd probably do play tickets for a night out together with them.

And my dh is getting me new "Turbie Twists", Starbucks and donuts in bed. I saw the email confirmation for the first and suggested the other two when he asked. I don't torture him by making him "wonder" what to buy though - I send him links throughout the year when I see something I want, but don't need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships