Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times

Advertisements

I have a thing against dating someone with a penis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I have a thing against dating someone with a penis.
See, that's what I'm talking about. People are just so particular, it's ridiculous.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times
First, let me say all you people are nuts!

I feel like Alice through the looking glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
What if she isn't into politics? A person may know a lot about English history and culture, and still not care about hung parliaments.
Well, Redisca, you just blew it for me. While I care what happens in parliaments a wee bit, I just don't care if they are hung - oh wait, yes I do - are these aol/internet inches??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
See, that's what I'm talking about. People are just so particular, it's ridiculous.
Particular, hmm. Such silliness.

I could never date someone who considered rap to be music; who didn't know the difference between rock N roll and rock; who couldn't reformat a hard drive or whose hard drive was too short ; or who dangled his participles or used "seen" instead of "saw".

Old 05-07-2010, 07:40 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
First, let me say all you people are nuts!

I feel like Alice through the looking glass.

Well, Redisca, you just blew it for me. While I care what happens in parliaments a wee bit, I just don't care if they are hung - oh wait, yes I do - are these aol/internet inches??

Particular, hmm. Such silliness.

I could never date someone who considered rap to be music; who didn't know the difference between rock N roll and rock; who couldn't reformat a hard drive or whose hard drive was too short ; or who dangled his participles or used "seen" instead of "saw".
I can't tell from your posts; you know these were all jokes, right?

Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I can't think of any petty reason not to date a woman. i think in general, the rough comes with the smooth. nobody is perfect, and furthermore what is perfection?

This may not fit in the with OP's intended spirit for the thread, but to me it's only big reasons, like different outlooks, personalities, interests, etc. I couldn't date a woman who couldn't stimulate me intellectually (apart from the other way ). So no soap operas, celebrity magazines, etc. I'm of UK origin, and I'd want my SO to have some opinion on this hung parliament issue. I wouldn't want her thinking a hung parliament is a parliament with great sexual prowess.
It's not?

Old 05-07-2010, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
I can't date a man that knows more about fashion than me. I date a man that I'm stronger than. I can't date a man with Ronald McDonald hair. I can't date a man who thinks he is god's gift to the women. I can't date a man who smells all the time.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Quote:
I couldn't date a woman who couldn't stimulate me intellectually (apart from the other way ).
I actually agree with this, but this view is very common. I was going more for things that are less common.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I can't date a man that knows more about fashion than me. I date a man that I'm stronger than. I can't date a man with Ronald McDonald hair. I can't date a man who thinks he is god's gift to the women. I can't date a man who smells all the time.
So you only date men with allergies?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
Quote:
This may not fit in the with OP's intended spirit for the thread, but to me it's only big reasons, like different outlooks, personalities, interests, etc. I couldn't date a woman who couldn't stimulate me intellectually (apart from the other way ).
I am the same way. On top of that I am attracted to a very certain type of female appearance. Its hard to describe, but I know it when I see it. The advantage of this is I have plenty of female platonic friends where there is no chance of romance getting in the way, on the other hand it makes my potential dating pool extremely small.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 PM

190 posts, read 493,347 times
Like the Army--if I discover that she has flat feet, she's out! One of the disadvantages of internet dating is that profile photos usually do not satisfy my curiousity. Plus, this is not something I feel comfortable asking right off the bat. Admittedly, this is an "odd" standard, so I usually look for other qualities that tip the scales, such as a great attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships