Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,116,372 times

Advertisements

SeaofGrass - stick around a while, I have a great sense of humor - although it's a bit different - but it takes careful reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I can't date a man that knows more about fashion than me. I date a man that I'm stronger than. I can't date a man with Ronald McDonald hair. I can't date a man who thinks he is god's gift to the women. I can't date a man who smells all the time.
Is he running around smelling the roses....or your feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
Like the Army--if I discover that she has flat feet, she's out! One of the disadvantages of internet dating is that profile photos usually do not satisfy my curiousity. Plus, this is not something I feel comfortable asking right off the bat. Admittedly, this is an "odd" standard, so I usually look for other qualities that tip the scales, such as a great attitude.
You just need your profile to state: foot fetish! Trust me, you'll find lotsa women who love having a guy care about their feet! (not me, leave mine alone!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
SeaofGrass - stick around a while, I have a great sense of humor - although it's a bit different - but it takes careful reading.

Is he running around smelling the roses....or your feet?

You just need your profile to state: foot fetish! Trust me, you'll find lotsa women who love having a guy care about their feet! (not me, leave mine alone!)
Ha, okay. Like I said, I couldn't tell...

Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM

190 posts, read 493,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

Who said I was interested in you? Disqualifying because of one quality is not the same as including because of one quality. Thank you very much!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Haha, your thread reminds of Seinfeld, all the ridiculous reasons they had for not being with someone.

I'm trying to think of something. I couldn't be with someone who gave me "high fives," I guess.
Putty! LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,435 times
I can't date a guy with too much feminine energy. I like manly men

Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte byrd View Post
putty! Lol
:d

Old 05-07-2010, 10:00 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,493 times
A guy with a dog was on my mom's dealbreaker list...until her current boyfriend who she just moved in with!

I can't think of a wierd one for me...every deal breaker I'd have is pretty normal, I think...

Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
My husband said..."he wouldn`t date anyone who wasn`t a "southern sympathizer." Meh.....He`s a redneck!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,103,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I was having a discussion with some friends today about this. Of course, there are many things that raise a red flag in the majority of people's minds when it comes to dating; but there are other things that are based on our own individual dislikes. So, give a reason you'd turn somebody down that might seem unusual to others.

I personally don't like dating women who like mayonnaise. I dislike everything about it. The look, the smell, the taste, everything. To many, this would seem rather petty, but it's something I can't ignore. Just thinking about being with (or even worse, kissing) someone who loves mayonnaise is enough to make my stomach turn.

Ok, your turn.
Having played h.s., college, and then minor league baseball for several years I'm of course a huge fan of all things connected with the sport. Back in 1989 or so I had been dating a woman for a couple weeks--and things were going pretty well, too--when we went to see "Field of Dreams" together. I, of course, absolutely loved it and still consider it to be perhaps the greatest baseball movie ever made (along with Bull Durham.)
Well, she hated it, and during our drive back to her place after the flick I realized that I could never be with a woman who didn't like that movie, since I felt it touched on so many important aspects of who I am and what I like.
So after we had sex that night I picked a fight with her the next day and broke it off for good.
Call me superfluous if you must, but I stand by my decision! LOL.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:21 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,919,101 times
I can't date a girl who is taller than me. I'm 5'7" so it does happen sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships