Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder999 View Post
i have seen alot of women saying this "better to marry a man who loves you more than you love him" and similar things. But why do so many women think this way? Why is it better if the man loves the woman more? Isn't it best if both partners love each other equally much? To be honest, women who think this way seem rather selfish and not "fully" in love with their so. I would never marry a woman if i knew she thought like that.
women say that because they either money hungry or hsd s bsd experience with the man prior to dealing with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 5,074 times
I agree with the statement 100%. "Always marry a man who loves you more then you love him"

This is why. As a woman, we can truely love anyone. Our love grows like weeds all in our hearts. That is why you see so many women with horrible guys, because they can see the good in everyone. I think that it is a motherly thing, and that men can't understand it very well.

My step mother told this to me when I was going through a rough time settling down with the right person. At first I gave her a blank stare, because I didn't understand. I ended up with the man that loved me more then I loved him and I have never in my life been so happy. We have a wonderful relationship, and my love for him has grown so rapidly that it is nearly out of control.

You can never really tell how much you love someone, or how much they love you. You can tell if you love them more, or if they love you more. If they love you more, they are less likely to hurt you (what most women fear) Women adapt. They have the abillity to find the good in everyone, and are able to love anyone. We have to we have children.

I am not saying that women are super heros, but we are pretty darn close! ;-)

Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
In a relationship there is usually someone who loves more. The good thing is that in a long-term relationship it shifts. Sometimes the man cares more, and at other times the woman cares more. A relationship is not stagnant...it is always changing. That is why people need to stay rather than bailing when a bad patch comes along. If they stay, they can sometimes regain the love they thought they had lost.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:17 PM

339 posts, read 715,738 times
In any relationship, I think, that one is the chaser and the other is the chased. Bottom line, it is better to be chased. So I agree with this 100%! Not just women either. I'd think then men would want it this way too!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Didn't I see this thread in another forum? The website was loveshack. I could've sworn I have seen this thread there as well.

It's a small world after all.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Been trying to avoid this post but it won't seem to die so I have to ask, where are these love gauges? How are we keeping score on who loves whom the most? And if you've seen so many women say this, where the heck do you live that you'd hear more than one while I've probably been around at least twice as long as you and never heard one say such a thing? Not even the most cynical among my friends and acquaintances has said anything remotely like this. Maybe you heard one person say it and you assume all women think this way. You're just creating drama in your own mind because no one person can represent their gender.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Is Avienne a male or female member?, this is why I dislike those that make themselves "private" profiles.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Is Avienne a male or female member?, this is why I dislike those that make themselves "private" profiles.
female

Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's a defense mechanism used by both genders. They can't stand the thought of being hurt, so in their mind they have a built in guarantee that the relationship will only end on their terms since the other person loves them more than they love their partner.

It also gives that person the upper hand, so it goes hand in hand with control issues and self preservation.

Agreed. For "nice guys", who tend to get used, probably better for them to find a woman who loves them more than they love her. And by nice guy I mean those with a tendancy of insecurity and to want to please and go out of their way for women. The kind that shower their woman with affection, and are too forgiving and put a woman on a pedistal. He needs to find a woman "nicer" than he is because that evens it out pretty much then.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:45 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I have seen alot of women saying this "Better to marry a man who loves you more than you love him" and similar things. But why do so many women think this way? Why is it better if the man loves the woman more? Isn't it best if both partners love each other equally much? To be honest, women who think this way seem rather selfish and not "fully" in love with their SO. I would never marry a woman if I knew she thought like that.
Fast forward ten-fifteen years later. The woman who says that, because she has no passion for her husband, is getting plowed like an Iowa cornfield by the pool boy.

It's one of those phrases that sound witty and wise, but is really a prescription for disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships