Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
> exactly how would one measure that? its a bit childish

Yes, but remember that Fox is, in fact, a child. From what I can tell he is an angry teenager trying to make sense out of his parent's divorce. He blames his mother and is lashing out at all women.

He obviously feels helpless, vulnerable and at the mercy of women and their evil doings. But I think he'll out grow it. At least I hope so. He probably needs to talk to a professional.

Sorry to talk about you in the third person, Fox.

Exactly. The reason why he kept saying how "women don't approach guys" or "don't initiate sex" was because since his mother didn't pay any attention to him, he thinks, in his 17 year brain that women don't pay any attention to guys period. And the other thing about "women don't want men to feel loved" could show that his parents never really loved each other other than the fact that he probably has a sperm donor and an incubator for "mom" and "dad".... maybe he was emotionally abused, who knows? Now, he post crap in the forum being the "Teenage Troll" because he didn't get the attention and affection his parents (especially his mom).

Sometimes he ignors my posts so he doesn't want to expose himself by posting a tirade response.

Oh yeah, I'm saying to every CD member here: don't bother trying to give this kid any advise. He doesn't want help, don't waste your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 06:54 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Exactly. The reason why he kept saying how "women don't approach guys" or "don't initiate sex" was because since his mother didn't pay any attention to him, he thinks, in his 17 year brain that women don't pay any attention to guys period. And the other thing about "women don't want men to feel loved" could show that his parents never really loved each other other than the fact that he probably has a sperm donor and an incubator for "mom" and "dad".... maybe he was emotionally abused, who knows? Now, he post crap in the forum being the "Teenage Troll" because he didn't get the attention and affection his parents (especially his mom).

Sometimes he ignors my posts so he doesn't want to expose himself by posting a tirade response.

Oh yeah, I'm saying to every CD member here: don't bother trying to give this kid any advise. He doesn't want help, don't waste your time.
He's 17. That's funny. I can't tell the difference between him and some of the older members.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:59 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Yet I was pretty much spot on with this thread. It has been proven in this thread that most women do not love their man 100% and that most women want to have the upper hand simply because they are a woman.
No you are not 100% on the spot. I was engaged to a man who clearly was more in love with me than I was with him and it was suffocating. Needless to say we weren't married - per my request. You clearly are unable to see individuals as individuals and lumped them into ALL WOMEN or ALL MEN.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 PM

213 posts, read 416,583 times
When I first married, I would say my husband and I both loved each other 100%. With each year and the mysteries of marriage unveiling itself, my feeling for the hubby has dropped to maybe 80% while he's still at 100%. It works out in my favor that there is an imbalance because he'll do anything for me, but I'm no longer satisfied with that. So even with the best intentions of starting out with an equal partnership, sometimes people change and the percentages can slide. But yeah, much better for a woman if the man loves you a little more in my experience.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He's 17. That's funny. I can't tell the difference between him and some of the older members.
Seventeen?

Oh, for heaven's sake.

I think people should be old enough to drink, or at least vote, before they come here. Can we start carding?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Seventeen?

Oh, for heaven's sake.

I think people should be old enough to drink, or at least vote, before they come here. Can we start carding?
I'll set the booth up by the door.....can we ask for documentation proving sanity, too?

Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'll set the booth up by the door.....can we ask for documentation proving sanity, too?
Well there goes half of the people who use the internet. . .

I truly believe there should be 3 tests/lessons people have to pass before being allowed to post on message boards:

1. Basic Grammar and Spelling aka "Why they're, there, and their are NOT interchangeable"

2. Basic Maturity aka "Anonymously freaking out on a stranger on an internet forum only makes you look like a douche"

and

3. How to deal with your bitterness, resentment, and baggage through other vehicles besides posting redundant, inane remarks on an internet forum (and drawing a curious virtual group of strangers who will from now on question your childhood and sanity).

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM

121 posts, read 192,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
When I first married, I would say my husband and I both loved each other 100%. With each year and the mysteries of marriage unveiling itself, my feeling for the hubby has dropped to maybe 80% while he's still at 100%. It works out in my favor that there is an imbalance because he'll do anything for me, but I'm no longer satisfied with that. So even with the best intentions of starting out with an equal partnership, sometimes people change and the percentages can slide. But yeah, much better for a woman if the man loves you a little more in my experience.
Offcourse, this is why I'm saying women are selfish because it is not better for the man. It is only good for the woman if the man loves more.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:29 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
You are wrong. It's also better for the man and it makes for a more harmonious, satisfying life for him. There's another old saying you may have heard "A happy wife is a happy life".

Look around. Find successful happy men and study them. You'll find that most men (alpha males, at least) are happiest when they are successfully providing for their loved ones, protecting them, and seeing to their comfort and happiness. It's one of the most important things in the world to a man and they get much of their self-worth by their ability to do so. It's called a "provider instinct". They give willingly without keeping score. They take great pleasure in pleasing their women. This is fundamental to having a good marriage.

Women are different. We are designed by nature to be receptive to men. Even physically we are built this way. We are happiest when we are loved deeply by a man whom we know we can count on.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 05-28-2010 at 01:38 AM..

Old 05-28-2010, 05:42 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I still can't fathom wanting my husband to love me more than I love him. Maybe my brain just doesn't work that way, or maybe I am looking at it wrong. I love him more than anything or anyone and think I can honestly say that I love him 100%. I can't get inside his head, so I don't know what he's thinking, but I believe that he loves me 100%. I feel loved 100%.

I did say in an earlier thread that I fell for my husband when he told me that he had loved me for a long time. (We were friends in high school and dated briefly, then got serious years later.) And from other things he said, I knew that he felt lucky to have me. That is a gratifying feeling, I'll admit. But we were also in our early 20s and had some growing up to do. We went through some rough times; those feelings did not last or sustain us.

I know how good it feels to be told that you are loved and appreciated. Better yet, how good it feels to be shown. I tell him and show him every day, and he does the same for me. I don't think there is any imbalance in our love, nor do I want there to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships