Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:04 PM

186 posts, read 352,683 times

Advertisements

In the past 6 months I had three women wink at me. One of my coworkers would wink at me every other time she would talk to me. I was at a job fair for another job when I started to talk to another woman in line and she winked at me a couple of times during our conversation. I was at a job interview and a much older 50'ish woman interviewing winked at me when she met me and then winked at me when I left the interview. I don't know how to react when I get winked at--I just ignore as if it never happened. How am I supposed to react when I get winked at?? I don't understand the full ramifications of the wink???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 07:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I've lived a long time but I've not familiar with perpetual winking from the opposite sex. Could it be that you haven't bathed for some time and the winking is just a natural reaction to a repugnant smell? Or perhaps you imagine that you're some sort of ladies man and these images are just a product of your imagination. I really don't think I can answer this question without further information but I do wish you good fortune as you pursue the answer.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:37 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Did you wink back?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:49 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Smile. Then ask what they are doing later or something?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:09 PM

186 posts, read 352,683 times
I am married and no I didn't wink back. I have lived in LA and I can only recall one woman ever winking at me. Now that I moved to Texas I had it happen to me three times in 6 months. I don't know if its friendliness or flirting or some other meaning?? Heck I don't know. I told my wife about it and she said that winking is not common. Just wondering. Then again Montana Guy might be right and the these women were actually squinting instead of winking due to my stinkiness.

Last edited by IamInShape; 06-16-2007 at 08:20 PM..

Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Perhaps it's hotter in Texas and it is watery eyes

Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamInShape View Post
I am married and no I didn't wink back. I have lived in LA and I can only recall one woman ever winking at me. Now that I moved to Texas I had it happen to me three times in 6 months. I don't know if its friendliness or flirting or some other meaning?? Heck I don't know. I told my wife about it and she said that winking is not common. Just wondering. Then again Montana Guy might be right and the these women were actually squinting instead of winking due to my stinkiness.
Then my advise would be.....get less stinky.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:28 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I usually ask them if they have something in their eye...

Honestly, if you want to ask me out, come out with it and ask me out...that kind of subtle thing just annoys me...

Old 06-16-2007, 08:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Have you developed a tic? You know, maybe you have a nervous tic that makes you wink and they are just mirroring you unconsciously. JK

Old 06-16-2007, 09:26 PM

218 posts, read 606,166 times
Hmmm. Stinky, thinking you're hot, nervous tick, something on your shirt or tie (shorts, tevas, toga, whatever attire), saying you have the inside track (re: interviewer), could be any of them. I would take a guess at what the 50ish woman's wink meant or didn't mean, but I always end up with the wrong answer. If you are happy in your life and need a little harmless fantasy, believe what you want, use it in your interior life. If, on the other hand, women start accosting you on the street, I think you need to psot on a site for men only who would like to know your secret. (Lastly, men out number women, so there are women who will make advances toward a man irrespective of his relationship status . . . do you wear a wedding ring? . . . and men who like to attract women irrespective of his relationship status). And remember, it's Texas and not LA. Completely different culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships