Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
"And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." (Gen. 1:30)

All animals were vegitarian, so your imagined senarios are useless retoric.
T-rex was a meat eater. However, "God" wasn't invented yet back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 08:11 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
"And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." (Gen. 1:30)

All animals were vegitarian, so your imagined senarios are useless retoric.
Green herbs are the basis for all foods, including animal flesh.
A food chain always starts with plant life and ends with an animal.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
In the beginning lions, like humans, did not eat meat. They ate grass and straw and leaves.
So how come they have the wrong kind of teeth for that?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Glad you are still here. I think most of this post is off topic, but this: "while animals may not sin as in contravening the Law, or going against conscience, or rejecting Jesus Christ, they are still slavves to sinfulness and this is why they kill and steal."

Are you telling us that animals were Created sinful?
animals do not sin.!!!! when another animal steals or kills it's called survival. we all kill to survive, one must eat.!! even if you are a vegetarian you still kill to eat, next time you rip a poor tomato off a vine, or an apple of a tree, what about when you stuff a poor defenceless grape down your throught.. you just killed the poor little harmless fruit .

Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Well, I've got to tell you, I use a little green herb to flavor that meat when I'm cooking it....... adds a real nice flavor to it........ and that little green herb does a real fine job of flavoring that beef stew....

Old 08-11-2010, 10:45 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Only snakes sin, and obsessively; also carnivorous tigers sin when they catch their required prey for proof that they will not die. Dolphins come suicidal onto the beaches of New Zealand; or at least that was some kind of sin a few years ago. Birds fly into buildings dazzled by the lights of progressive man determining that planes have their viewing for the flight path (or something). A pride of lions I suppose does not sin for the food they need in the accorded time or season off year. All in all if animals do not get tempted by the devil they act as sinning devils themselves.

I don't know; I really believe that there IS NO ORIGINAL SIN. Life itself is original for all of mankind thinking intelligently.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
animals do not sin.!!!! when another animal steals or kills it's called survival. we all kill to survive, one must eat.!!
I agree.

Quote:
even if you are a vegetarian you still kill to eat, next time you rip a poor tomato off a vine, or an apple of a tree, what about when you stuff a poor defenceless grape down your throught.. you just killed the poor little harmless fruit .
You can't imagine how guilty I felt flaying a potato alive midday.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 AM

465 posts, read 528,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So how come they have the wrong kind of teeth for that?
LOL...exactly.

Either they had CANINE teeth for eating grass, which makes no sense, or they EVOLVED them in order to eat meat.

But I can picture the christian explanation already...

"God magically transformed their teeth after the fall!!"

Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
This all gives me the opportunity to reject Original sin just the same. There was no sin except in the failure to understand the trust for the spirit. There is trust in ignoring for the good deed in hate. But love still requires self-knowledge to doing good. Animals love better when they're sociable. Man can't learn.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
The Old Testament is imagined scenarios and useless rhetoric. That's pretty much the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality