Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM

454 posts, read 498,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Yeah because you know my life and know me. Get over yourself.

Oh and I thought all you have to do is believe? I thought it was a "relationship" not a religion.

Yet if you do not offer up prayers and keep up with the rituals, the "annointing" goes away.

LOL.
Yes it is a relationship. In prayer one communicates with the Lord. Communication is the essence of relationship.

Seriously, I don't want to get into some forum tit for tat. What does that even achieve. I know, and you know that this world is an evil place, filled with corruption, greed, fraud. Why bother with that when the Lord offers himself as a friend who always satisfies?

Hebrews 13:15,16
[15] By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
[16] But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My question about Ezekiel is: If a superior alien life form came to Ezekiel, would they not have given Ezekiel better advice than this?

Ezekiel 4:9-13
Good question. Personally, I believe that the real aerial phenomenon got mixed in with the religious ideology of the time.

In Ezekiel chapter 1, Ezekiel clearly describes a self propelled "living creature", piloted by "The Lord", that spews a loud fiery exhaust, sports 4 wings, has flat landing gear (sole of a calf's foot), has an aluminum type body (brass beryl), has some sort of glass cockpit (upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal), and rolls around on wheels that are self propelled like that of a modern automobile (for the spirit of the creature was in the wheels).

Bad translations and limited technological knowledge has led to MANY bible versus being written like Ezekiel. The truth is Ezekiel was trying his best to describe something more advanced than he had ever seen before. That is not an easy thing to do when words like "airplane", "engine", and "space" has not been invented yet.

Quote:
As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning
In this verse, replace the words "living creatures" with "UFOs" and observe how much more sense it makes.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Good question. Personally, I believe that the real aerial phenomenon got mixed in with the religious ideology of the time.

In Ezekiel chapter 1, Ezekiel clearly describes a self propelled "living creature", piloted by "The Lord", that spews a loud fiery exhaust, sports 4 wings, has flat landing gear (sole of a calf's foot), has an aluminum type body (brass beryl), has some sort of glass cockpit (upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal), and rolls around on wheels that are self propelled like that of a modern automobile (for the spirit of the creature was in the wheels).

Bad translations and limited technological knowledge has led to MANY bible versus being written like Ezekiel. The truth is Ezekiel was trying his best to describe something more advanced than he had ever seen before. That is not an easy thing to do when words like "airplane", "engine", and "space" has not been invented yet.

In this verse, replace the words "living creatures" with UFOs and observe how much more sense it makes.
Interesting.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
I still haven't been able to find the TOS here.

Is baiting a reportable offense here?
In fact is is Go to the head of the forum and read terms of service.

The TOS says: "Trolling" is prohibited.

("Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum.) Wiki.

Now I don't think anyone will call down lighting for the heated debate in arguing a point, but needling to try to upset persons without a point behind it comes prety close to trolling. This for information only.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
I can handle heat but simply posting a derogatry term and nothing of substance is pointless.
You like to imagine that you are a league above those who accept the Lord Jesus Christ as master. You will note that such a superiority complex is an exact derivative of Satan's pride which is being discussed.

Your superiority complex, based on a supposed higher intelligence is the result of Satan's deception. Turn to Jesus he forgives everyone who comes to him with a contrite and repentant heart.
I would imagine that one who "claims" to have biblical knowledge would actually have that knowledge...but your claims have been proven to be an epic fail when you post the tripe that you have thus far. Not only have I seen it but others have as well. So you can call me names...blah...blah...blah...(although you are correct that my knowledge regarding scripture is highly superior to yours)...but if you're intending to spew your interpretations to the masses and call that TRUTH...be prepared to be challenged.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM

465 posts, read 528,460 times
Quote:
Yes it is a relationship. In prayer one communicates with the Lord. Communication is the essence of relationship.

Seriously, I don't want to get into some forum tit for tat. What does that even achieve. I know, and you know that this world is an evil place, filled with corruption, greed, fraud. Why bother with that when the Lord offers himself as a friend who always satisfies?

Hebrews 13:15,16
[15] By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
[16] But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
My real friends here in the real world are there to help me at a moments notice when I need them.

My real friends in the real world are beings that I can actually hold a conversation with and get to know them face to face. They don't leave vague notes and messages that I try to have to decode to figure out what they mean.

My real friends in the real world don't get jealous because I don't agree with them on every little thing.

My real friends in the real world don't say be my friend or I'll hurt you and your family.

My real friends don't want worship and require "sacrifices" from me.

My real friends are well, real, and I can hear, feel, see, smell, and tas...well I don't want to taste them haha.

Yeah the world can be a dangerous place. But I'd rather rely on the good in this world to fix it all, than an imaginary friend who hasn't bothered to fix any of it in all of human history.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
I still haven't been able to find the TOS here.

Is baiting a reportable offense here?
Yes, but so is highjacking threads, which you seem have a habit of doing....The OP is "Do animals sin". It is not an invitation to proselytize.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
^^^The funny thing is that the Sumerians (Christianity's true founders) has clearly told us that "God" was the slave master and that "Satan" fought for us to have knowledge and be free.

"God" wanted us to be ignorant and stupid (don't eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil)
"Satan" wanted us to realize that "God" was not better than us and we only needed to worship our own free will.

"God" and "Satan" actually traded places because governments could use "God's" message to control the masses. "Satan's" message of free will was just not compatible with governments' agenda.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
My real friends here in the real world are there to help me at a moments notice when I need them.

My real friends in the real world are beings that I can actually hold a conversation with and get to know them face to face. They don't leave vague notes and messages that I try to have to decode to figure out what they mean.

My real friends in the real world don't get jealous because I don't agree with them on every little thing.

My real friends in the real world don't say be my friend or I'll hurt you and your family.

My real friends don't want worship and require "sacrifices" from me.

My real friends are well, real, and I can hear, feel, see, smell, and tas...well I don't want to taste them haha.

Yeah the world can be a dangerous place. But I'd rather rely on the good in this world to fix it all, than an imaginary friend who hasn't bothered to fix any of it in all of human history.
Very well said...there are so many ills in this world that need fixing and yet....no god to fix them....there are so many people starving to death and yet....no god providing them with needed food and water....there are so many evil people in this world who harm others and yet....no god stopping them....there are millions of amputees praying that their limbs are restored and yet....god has not answered them (NONE OF THEM)....perhaps he's been on an eternal vacation?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:01 PM

454 posts, read 498,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Very well said...there are so many ills in this world that need fixing and yet....no god to fix them....there are so many people starving to death and yet....no god providing them with needed food and water....there are so many evil people in this world who harm others and yet....no god stopping them....there are millions of amputees praying that their limbs are restored and yet....god has not answered them (NONE OF THEM)....perhaps he's been on an eternal vacation?
Are you evil, or are you good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality